SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

Carrying a lot of stuff today, but gotta say, I really like the new WWP (Wounded Warrior Project) knives:

UUnrEEe.jpg

Nice selection of knives! :thumbsup:

I've been very hesitant of touching anything connected to the WWP because of the past mis use of funds buy the higher us. Lavish parties and Caribbean trips on organization money. I under stand there was a shake up, have they cleaned up their act?

Nice selection of knives! :thumbsup:

I've been very hesitant of touching anything connected to the WWP because of the past mis use of funds buy the higher us. Lavish parties and Caribbean trips on organization money. I under stand there was a shake up, have they cleaned up their act?

Articles I'd read make it seem like they have. That, plus the fact that ultimately, I wanted the knife made it an easy decision.

EDIT: I got on my high horse and might have sounded a bit too political.

Last edited:
In 2012 they got some flak from saying they won't co-brand with any weapons manufacturer. Guns, knives, bows, what have you.

From their clarification letter:

"In the past, we made our logo available to appear on wide variety of products, including guns. As an organization, we owe it to our donors and constituents to maximize the return on investment of our dollars and brand. We are always looking at our business practices and whether we should continue with them in the future. In the case of cobranding, we’ve decided that we’re not going to offer our logo to appear on weapons anymore – whether they’re guns, knives, bows, swords, or any other type of weapon. There are still a few of the guns around for sale that had licensed our logo years ago, but there aren’t any new ones being made. This is purely a business decision based on a review of a return on investment, especially when compared with other types of cobranding ventures."

I guess SAK's aren't really knives 🤨.

I was referring to the scandal of the super over the top parties for the staff at luxury resorts paid for by the funds that were supposed to go to the vets they were suppose to be helping. Bar tabs running into the thousands, all hands at parties disguised as 'events'. The head and second in command got fired and there was a huge stink over the huge spending of donation money.

I already had a 940 but sold it a couple of months ago. Don’t exactly know why to be honest so I bought another one… it’s a great knife. And I love the Spartan. Has everything I need and nothing I don’t. Love the stormtrooper look of the white scales and black tools. I don’t really need the scissors because I have a small „Jetsetter“ with scissors on my keyring.

Back