SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

mitch13

Gold Member
nice combo... does the helmsman have the marlin spike?
It sure does Very handy tool, 1 of my favourite models.
Did you reprofile that OT? Or was it like that?
I have a 60OT+ that I'm making to be a bit more straight-spined than the usual. Nice, btw.
No, the blade is just from use. First reasonable single blade I bought myself round 30 years ago. Still works good.
Cheers
Mitch
IMG20220714111800.jpg

Headwinds

Basic Member
AMQ0Ar0.jpg

Hashishiin

Gold Member
I think this Police 4 has changed my life. Still in a honeymoon phase with it, but... wow. I love it so much.

Super Tinker, reliable as always, still wishing it had a wood saw, it's always a tossup between having scissors/hook/screwdriver vs wood saw/corkscrew. I'd think it would I'd just really like something with the screwdriver, hook, and awl as the back-tools, and still having a woodsaw. I do not mind extra tools at all. Still seeing a Fieldmaster in my future... any other "big" 85mm SAK?

Also, that Buck 110 SS up there, that's my first dye-job on a knife, it is only a LITTLE darker than I wanted. Mixed purple and scarlet to get that on tan. Has anyone here Rit-Dyed their SAK before?

Plus, my cat on my messenger bag admiring my knives.

afishhunter

Gold Member
I do not mind extra tools at all. Still seeing a Fieldmaster in my future... any other "big" 85mm SAK?
Evo Grip/Evo Wood 18/S18?
They have the same topside tools as the Huntsman/Fieldmaster, but I think they have the Cadet's fingernail file instead of the small blade, and may lack the hook, now I think on it. ☹️ Do any of the 85's have the hook?

Hashishiin

Gold Member
Evo Grip/Evo Wood 18/S18?
They have the same topside tools as the Huntsman/Fieldmaster, but I think they have the Cadet's fingernail file instead of the small blade, and may lack the hook, now I think on it. ☹️ Do any of the 85's have the hook?
Wait, I think I've mixed up my sizing, are the Super Tinker/Camper 85mm? I want to put the white scales I'm always using on said SAK of that size.
Though those wooden Evo models have been in my eyes for some time now 🤩

afishhunter

Gold Member
Wait, I think I've mixed up my sizing, are the Super Tinker/Camper 85mm? I want to put the white scales I'm always using on said SAK of that size.
Though those wooden Evo models have been in my eyes for some time now 🤩
I think they are 91mm? Pretty sure the Super Tinker is a 91 or 93, but I am not an SAK expert.

Hashishiin

Gold Member
Super/deluxe tinkers are 91mm only. You can get an 84mm tinker (Tinker small) but thats it accoring to SAK Wiki
I have an 84mm Tinker, actually, I mistakenly thought my Super was 84. Yeah, 91mm SAKs are my preferred size - things I can replace scales on with Camper/Super Tinker scales, whatever size that may be, haha.

And, for the thread! Today's carry was something different, originally. Red, white, and blue carry, too, unintentionally.

Then, switched knives when we went for a semi-night pool sesh. So, I went lightweight and switched to a SAK Tinker and my David Mary spearpoint. Was a good light carry. Might have had some Cold Steel in my bag. '

+1 for the Higonokami, I have three, a large 4" and small one in simple SK steel, and one in Aogami Blue. Want a VG-10 or Shirogami, whatever the finest carbon steel variety is. What a classic model.

Last edited: