SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

Hashishiin

Gold Member
20220816_180508.jpg

Police 4 and SAK again, but the SAK has changed, this time to an Explorer instead of the usual Camper or Super Tinker. I enjoy the magnifying glass and the Phillips screwdriver being on the main toolset for more proper use, while still getting three back-tools.

Lee D Lee D Always loved the Walnut Opinels, got a no. 6 for me Ma. That looks like a simple and easy modification though, looks nice. May try it on a regular no. 6.

Hashishiin

Gold Member
That’s a #6 in Bubinga, the poor lighting does the wood grain no justice…it’s a real beauty.
For future reference, if you take pics on a phone, I know you can sometimes edit them when a picture does not look the way it really does to the eye, messing with the exposure, saturation, brightness, can take away things like shadows and show more of the knife's true character. I do that sometimes when under non-ideal lighting conditions or backdrops 👍

Bubinga, eh? I love it!

Lee D

Basic Member
For future reference, if you take pics on a phone, I know you can sometimes edit them when a picture does not look the way it really does to the eye, messing with the exposure, saturation, brightness, can take away things like shadows and show more of the knife's true character. I do that sometimes when under non-ideal lighting conditions or backdrops 👍
I “tweak” my pics once in awhile, but I’m usually too lazy to mess with it 😂

Hashishiin

Gold Member
No Hashishiin Hashishiin I didn’t touch that pic either, the Mini Bugout is a much more vibrant orange in real life. lol
It was actually the screwed together construction of the SAK that had me "WOW" in that one, I have not seen that before and I love it!

I'm glad to see the orange coming out though, it is almost Halloween... I saw this black-cat SD Classic and I just had to have it. I've always thought safety-orange looked quite nice for some reason, and now I have a good reason to bring 'em out!
20220818_114244.jpg

Lee D

Basic Member
It was actually the screwed together construction of the SAK that had me "WOW" in that one, I have not seen that before and I love it!
It’s an 84mm “Mini” Pioneer X Spikediesel put together for me last year. It doesn’t always make it in my “what are you carrying” pics, but it’s always within reach. Easily my favorite SAK.

And for the record, Halloween is my birthday, so I have a soft spot for orange. lol

Hashishiin

Gold Member
That is a great gift, very thoughtful! I recently saw the episode of MacGuyver where he gifts the young Gypsy girl his knife at the end, and thought to myself how weird that would come off in TV today, but how it shouldn't be weird. Glad people are keeping the traditions alive. I have gone onto full "SAKs are the best gifting knife" mode, unless it's for a specific application or someone wants a nice, dedicated pocketknife. Everyone has a version that they love, I have found.

With all the trouble of a custom SAK, I'd want some insurance via color, I would make it orange too! And, it just happens to look sweet as a byproduct of visibility. I cannot wait until his list opens back up again... it's going to be a while, but it'll be worth it.