SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

Lee D

Basic Member
It is. I have three older ones I fished off the bay for cheap. I always have at least a sak on me. For a long while now it’s been a tinker small 99% of the time.
I’m new to the model, and like it very much… now only if Vic offered a version with scissors too. I bought the Super Tinker but imo it’s too large. The 84mm has
become my preferred size.

Grateful

Gold Member
I’m new to the model, and like it very much… now only if Vic offered a version with scissors too. I bought the Super Tinker but imo it’s too large.
I would love an 84mm tinker with scissors. I wish for one even tho I get by fine without scissors most days. lol I just want what I want.
I carried a Fieldmaster for years. Realized I didn’t use the saw and scissors all that much so I started downsizing. I tried a climber then a compact then a recruit. The recruit showed me how capable the 84’s are. The tinker small was the next logical step for me. It’s a really great edc imho. Especially when paired with another knife that’s a little bigger.

redsparrow

Gold Member
I would love an 84mm tinker with scissors. I wish for one even tho I get by fine without scissors most days. lol I just want what I want.
I carried a Fieldmaster for years. Realized I didn’t use the saw and scissors all that much so I started downsizing. I tried a climber then a compact then a recruit. The recruit showed me how capable the 84’s are. The tinker small was the next logical step for me. It’s a really great edc imho. Especially when paired with another knife that’s a little bigger.
You and I have traveled similar roads Grateful. Over the years I downsized from Fieldmaster to Small Tinker as an EDC. Now I'm enjoying the 74mm Vics. Here's an Executive pulled from the "Bay", it received some TLC and a pair of pretty blue covers. Turned out well and I'm very happy with it. I find it completely sufficient in an urban settings but I still pick up a light Buck or one hand Spyderco for walking the woods or when something heavier might be useful.
QF6V3Tj.jpg

R01DSiF.jpg

o3wMskl.jpg

Last edited:

sonofwilfred

🇦🇺
Platinum Member
You and I have traveled similar roads Grateful. Over the years I downsized from Fieldmaster to Small Tinker as an EDC. Now I'm enjoying the 77mm Vics. Here's an Executive pulled from the "Bay", it received some TLC and a pair of pretty blue covers. Turned out well and I'm very happy with it. I find it completely sufficient in an urban settings but I still pick up a light Buck or one hand Spyderco for walking the woods or when something heavier might be useful.
QF6V3Tj.jpg

R01DSiF.jpg

o3wMskl.jpg
Nice photos cobber 👌🏻