Schrade Floor Display Case with Knives and Boxes

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Stonewall88, May 23, 2020.

1. Stonewall88

Stonewall88

May 23, 2020
    I have a Schrade display case that was purchased in 2004 from a local hardware store. I don’t know how old the knives are that are in the case (not sure how many years the store had it). There are 40 knives in it and there are boxes for all 40 knives behind the display case. Is this something that is valuable as a collector’s item? I’m interested in selling it, but I am not interested in “giving it away.”

2. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    First of all check this out:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/what-is-my-knife-worth.878147/
    Then try to post a photo.

3. Stonewall88

Stonewall88

May 23, 2020
    Yeah I read that but I’m not really asking for a specific price. I just wanted to know if there are any resources that y’all know of that you can point me towards so I can try to figure out how valuable it is. Basically, I have no idea where even to start from. Also I can’t figure out how to post a photo from my iPhone.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  4. FatCity67

FatCity67

Sep 22, 2013
    Best to do all your price research on fleabay.

Pretty easy actually especially given the fact that they are probably all "newer" knives.
    Make a list of each knife and go thru all the previous sales.

There are also examples of full displays being sold.

Postimg.org is really easy to use.

5. Stonewall88

Stonewall88

May 23, 2020
    Yeah whenever I am ready to sell it, it will be as a full set. I’m not piecing it out. Ok I’ll give it a try!

6. Tchase

Tchase

Aug 17, 2015
    I would be happy to talk or email with you on this....I have a pretty extensive Schrade Collection and can steer you in the right direction.

[email protected]

Tom

Larry303 likes this.
  7. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    I, for one, am more than happy to vouch for Tom Chase's Honesty & Integrity...matched by his extensive 'Family' knowledge & enthusiasm/appreciation for USA Schrade...a genuine Schrade Collector committed to preservation of USA Schrade artefacts, which is why Tom has some of my "Treasured Schrade Babies"......Hoo Roo

Codger_64 likes this.
  8. Tchase

Tchase

Aug 17, 2015
    Thank you very much for that Fine Endorsement Larry, I appreciate it! Your Treasured Schrade babies are doing just fine right here in Maryland!

Tom

Larry303 likes this.