1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sebenza 25 Legit Check

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by mdswithers, Apr 14, 2018.

1. mdswithers

mdswithers

Mar 12, 2018
    Hello everyone! Just recently I won a bid on what was believed at the time to be a Chris Reeve Inkosi. After winning the big the owner told me that the listing was wrong an it was actually a sabenza 25. Now normally that would be a huge red flag because it was listed wrong and it didn’t come with the box, card, or cloth. However the actual seller on Ebay had something like 13,000 sales and 100% rating so I gave it a shot. I’ll post pictures below and if anyone notices anything wrong at all please let me know. Also the detent is insanely strong is that normal? Thank you everyone[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    It looks legit, look on the inside of the slabs near the lanyard end for the date stamp. If they're there, it's good to go.
    The Sebenza 25, Inkosi and Umnumzaan have adjustable pivots. If it's stiff, you can adjust the pivot to make it easier to open. The detent will take some time depending on the detent track and how well it's established.
    Or, it may need to be taken apart, cleaned and fresh grease applied. Looking at the pics, it looks like it needs a cleaning.

3. mdswithers

mdswithers

Mar 12, 2018
    Both scales say B13 on the inside near the lanyard hole. I can see it without taking apart if I use a flashlight. Does that seem normal?

4. Ajack60

Apr 21, 2013
    Yes, that's what you were looking for to confirm it's the real deal. In the pics, it looks like there's excessive grease/gunk on the lock bar side, you should be able to see the edge of the washer on that side.

5. mdswithers

mdswithers

Mar 12, 2018
    Yes, it needs a wash for sure

6. Ajack60

Apr 21, 2013
    You can go to the CRK web site and purchase the allen wrenches, grease and Loctite if it didn't come with anything.