Sebenza 31 Preorders

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by aVyD, Jan 9, 2020.

1. aVyD

aVyD Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Has anyone pre-ordered the Sebenza 31? I’m debating whether or not I should, my other option would be to wait until another dealer has them in stock and ready to ship, the problem is I don’t know how long that’ll be.

2. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Ordered mine on July 16th with a 6-8 month lead time. From what I’ve read around here, it seems like they’re still pretty close to on track for the end of that timeframe.

3. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Unless you have a super specific configuration that you know you want (which isn't likely to be produced for dealers or something along those lines), going through dealers will almost certainly get you one soonest.

ErocSD, Therom and BP_ like this.
  4. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I ordered mine day one, and got silver double lugs with a bog oak inlay:)

hopefully it will be finished soon!

cbr1000 likes this.
  5. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    I pre-ordered a Damascus 31 in the first ten minutes they were available online and CRK told me a week ago that mine should be shipped in the second half of this year. They also told me that if I placed a direct order for a Damascus 31 right now, the estimated waiting time would be around a year. Regular S35VN blades should have a slightly shorter wait. Though they’re not available yet, I believe you should be able to get one from an authorized online vendor before you’ll be able to get one directly from CRK. Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  6. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    I preordered a PJ Sm. Double lug 31 the day of the preorder release. No hurries, no worries but I will buy the same configuration if it becomes available at a dealer before my number is up w CRK.

7. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Ordered two directly from CRK a couple of weeks after it was announced. A small boomerang and a lunar landing. I’ll wait for CRK to call me.

Lady1911 and Dcdavis like this.
  8. justsomedude

justsomedude

May 23, 2011
    I have been "off the scene" for a while, trying to give my wallet a break... I did a double-take when I saw a thread with "Sebenza 31" in the title, I thought it was a typo.

Short story: Ordered a small boomerang straight from CRK and am ready to throw money at [A certain dealer we all know] for a carbon fiber scale version.

Long story: I am so through the roof about this new CRK. It is exactly the type of no frills, moderate iteration on an already fantastic design that is exactly what the Sebenza needed. The 25 and Inkosi lost the mark by removing the pivot bushing, thickening it unnecessarily and ruining the clean lines of the handle. The 31 does only what was needed* by removing the hole and introducing the ceramic ball lock. As a bonus I've been waiting for a refresh on Damascus for a while (didn't care for basketweave) and love the Chad Nichols Boomerang. I would love to have seen them do the Inkosi-Style lanyard only because I have generally gone no-lanyard and the scale would be that much cleaner. Objectively, I think the 21/Umun style is one of the all time best lanyard designs so I can't fault them for keeping that.

*Angling the clip is 50/50 for me, I prefer the hawk clip and am a little worried that it won't work on this. Never had an Inokosi long enough to know how it feels. Personally I could end up going clipless and be happy.

BP_ likes this.
  9. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    The 21 has always been my favorite design. Handle and blade.

I would buy a 31 tomorrow if given the chance.

I have a Large Black Micarta Double Lug on order. Unless I find one at one of my dealers first. So excited for this .

BP_ likes this.
  10. Evany

Evany Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2007
    Those were exactly my thoughts about the 25 and Inkosi until I tried one, but I'm also very interested in the 31. As a lefty I've resigned myself to having to wait at the end of the line to get the version I want: PJ with damascus. I'm still on the fence as to whether to pre order from CRK or just keep a look out at my favorite dealers.

11. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Don’t feel too bad about the wait....I believe the latest estimate is 9-12 months for any 31 with Damascus, whether left or right hand models. I ordered a PJ with Damascus recently, and that’s the timeline I was given.
    At least if you pre-order one, you know you’ll eventually get it. If a dealer ends up with the one you want before then, you can always send an email to CRK and cancel. :)

12. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    Exactly why I did it. Plus not many dealers offer the Micarta double lug 31. I need the lugs to be even or it will eventually drive me nuts.

This knife is going to be epic.

loon#r and Lady1911 like this.
  13. justsomedude

justsomedude

May 23, 2011
    No reason not to place an order direct as they require zero commitment.

Lady1911 and BellaBlades like this.
  14. johnnytoxin

johnnytoxin Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2010
    Just saw a new 31 sell on the exchange. Birthdate of 1/7/2020. They are coming

loon#r likes this.
  15. aVyD

aVyD Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2019
    I was beyond pissed when I realized I was too late to grab it. Do you know how much it sold for?

16. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    Someone on Facebook reported that the stop pin is a shouldered stop pin now with screws on either side. I much prefer the 21’s thru-pin sleeved stop pin design. I’m bummed CRK snuck that in on us. If the pivot shares the new design I’m cancelling my order and buying two 21s instead.

loon#r likes this.
  17. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    When I spoke to crk they stated the pivot is exactly the same but the stop pain is shoulder and they claim the new design will only add to how rigid and long-lasting the knife is preventing the scales from shifting over time. Yadda yadda ya.

Plus if it's a hardened steel stop in more like the inkosi it will just be more durable than the soft sleeve was.

I am however looking forward to some in-depth video and take down reviews so I know exactly what we're all getting into.

18. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Went for $515.

19. Evany

Evany Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2007
    I'd pre order one, but I can't make my mind up: Ladder or boomerang damascus.

loon#r likes this.
  20. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Go boom or go home ;)