Off Topic Sebenza BS

Sorry guys I'm sure there is a thread on this, feel free to link me to it so I can give everyone's options a fair chance but ..
I've owned my L21 for about a week now and I saw ApostleP use this..rather than the grease CRK provides. I have no doubts it's better. But me being who Iam..only want "the best for the best" kind of deal? So is there anything BETTER than what he uses?

Ps
Please don't suggest nano oil, I've heard nothing but bad things when used on the Sebenza because of the viscosity being so thin, it ends up leaking onto the lock bar and just ends up making a mess of your knife. I need something thick that will last in these perforated washers.

Pic posted below

[URL=http://s86.photobucket.com/user/Aquaholicc/media/IMG_8525_zpsdrxbnlrx.jpeg.html][/URL]

Last edited:
CRK grease with a SINGLE DROP of 85w Nano Oil on each washer. Assemble the knife, open and close the blade a few times, and you're golden. The oil helps prevent the grease from drying out and provides for amazing lubrication without being runny.

Not only does this make my Sebenzas smoother than ever - it lasts an insanely long time. My daily driver Large 21 hasn't been cleaned / lubed in months, and it still glides open like butter.

CRK grease with a SINGLE DROP of 85w Nano Oil on each washer. Assemble the knife, open and close the blade a few times, and you're golden. The oil helps prevent the grease from drying out and provides for amazing lubrication without being runny.

Not only does this make my Sebenzas smoother than ever - it lasts an insanely long time. My daily driver Large 21 hasn't been cleaned / lubed in months, and it still glides open like butter.
Hmm you think the nano oil trick will work with the finish line stuff? I think my CRK grease is about out. Either that or I've got to shake that little tube like a mother..

Sorry guys I'm sure there is a thread on this, feel free to link me to it so I can give everyone's options a fair chance but ..
I've owned my L21 for about a week now and I saw ApostleP use this..rather than the grease CRK provides. I have no doubts it's better. But me being who Iam..only want "the best for the best" kind of deal? So is there anything BETTER than what he uses?

Ps
Please don't suggest nano oil, I've heard nothing but bad things when used on the Sebenza because of the viscosity being so thin, it ends up leaking onto the lock bar and just ends up making a mess of your knife. I need something thick that will last in these perforated washers.

Pic posted below

I tried that, Reeve grease is better. Maybe you could mix it with a little oil but meh.

reeves grease is best. there are alternative brands for it tho. finish line grease does fine as well but its not better than the crk stuff.

Welp, way to ruin my Friday night fellas lol. I'll just see what I can scavenge from the CRK tube. The knife was made 2016 and the original owner said he didn't even cut anything with the blade only rode in his pocket a couples days (which I believe). Plus when I received the knife I didn't look like he ever serviced it..so there has to be some grease hiding away in the tube.

Interesting, my experience with CRK's grease has been less than stellar. I found it very watery and when it dried the action became noticeably worse (it dried within a day or two, tried it multiple times before giving up and buying some Finish Line). Finish line on the other hand had no excess water and did not dry out after only a day or two. I hadn't taken my Inkosi apart for 3 months at one point and it was still free and smooth. Maybe I just got a bad tube of the CRK grease, but Finish Line is excellent.

Interesting, my experience with CRK's grease has been less than stellar. I found it very watery and when it dried the action became noticeably worse (it dried within a day or two, tried it multiple times before giving up and buying some Finish Line). Finish line on the other hand had no excess water and did not dry out after only a day or two. I hadn't taken my Inkosi apart for 3 months at one point and it was still free and smooth. Maybe I just got a bad tube of the CRK grease, but Finish Line is excellent.
If you kneed the tube the watery substance mixes with the grease. It's totally normal.

If you kneed the tube the watery substance mixes with the grease. It's totally normal.
This is exactly my problem. I would go to lube my bushing and I got nothing but watery crap lol. I guess I'll just kneed the tube like playdough.

Hmm you think the nano oil trick will work with the finish line stuff? I think my CRK grease is about out. Either that or I've got to shake that little tube like a mother..

It's worth a shot. Nano Oil is amazing stuff. I'm sure it'll thin out that finish line grease and add a good deal of lubrication.

I think people with issues are doing it wrong or something else is an issue. sorry but with 10,000's of these or however many there are... not everyone is going to do it right or possible have an issue with the hardware not being optimal or whatever be the case.

I say this because there are many without issues with the crk lube including mine. flick open and drop shut and super smooth. plenty of guides of how to do it properly but not everyone follows a guide or does it right.

I just don't understand otherwise why some folks have issue's.

I don't have a issue with my knife flicking open or dropping close. In that aspect it's perfect but I was just curious if the CRK stuff was the "best for the best" lol.

People who claim the Sebenza 21 can't be flicked open is just a product of user error.

I got my coworker into "production" knives about 3 weeks ago. His first purchase was a BM with the axis lock..it took him about 3 days to get used to it. (Flicking open and closing it with the flick of your wrist.) I don't know about you but I had it down in less than a hour lol.

Reactions: Mo2
That Krytox is amazing stuff Adam!!
We use it as a lube for tuning high end air rifles. One hint.....use it extreeeeeemely sparingly!! Can't stress that enough!! A tiny bit goes a looooong way and will last a very long time!!
Joe

I prefer the original Krytox of which Christo-Lube is the generic version manufactured by a number of vendors.

...People who claim the Sebenza 21 can't be flicked open is just a product of user error...

I have 30 years of experience flicking open folding knives. My sebenza is ~6 years old, drops open freely when the lock bar is moved off the blade since the day I got it, but it cannot be flicked opn from the fully closed position.

However I bought mine brand new, in store, at GPKnives. I don't compulsively open & close it for hours, nor have previous owners "modified" the washers or "adjusted" the lock bar tension. I only use CRK grease and it is cleaned & lubed per the old CRK factory instructions.

No user error involved in its fine hydraulic action, just a well cared for Sebenza still with the original owner.

Back