Sebenza disassembly

I just disassembled and easily reassembled my Sebenza 21, following instructions on the Chris Reeve website.
I was very surprised at how easy it was, as long as the directions were followed. I was a bit hesitant to try it, but since I wanted to remove the lanyard and lanyard pin, taking the knife apart was the only way to do it.
If you’re somewhat new to Reeves knives, as I am (sort of), don’t be afraid to try it as long as you follow the directions!

Welcome Brad361 !!!!!!!!! to BF, my first time was nerve racking. Got through it without any issues and now I don't give it a second thought.
That's the beauty in a CRK, a simple design that is encouraged for the owner to maintain. How long have you had your 21???? Do you have others ????
How come you didn't post a picture of your Sebenza ?????

Thank you!
I was a bit nervous, but I figured worst case scenario if I messed it up I could send it in to CR.

I’ve only had it a short time, didn’t post a pic because I figured a plain Sebenza wasn’t especially pic-worthy. It’s my only CR, I have a Hinderer and a Spyderco, so I’m not quite a collector. Yet.

Thank you!
I was a bit nervous, but I figured worst case scenario if I messed it up I could send it in to CR.

I’ve only had it a short time, didn’t post a pic because I figured a plain Sebenza wasn’t especially pic-worthy. It’s my only CR, I have a Hinderer and a Spyderco, so I’m not quite a collector. Yet.

Every knife is pic-worthy because it's your knife. There may be many like it but that one is yours. ;)
You're off to a wonderful start with the three you've chosen so far. A second one of any that you have will definitely enhance your collector status :p

I echo what Ajack said, it's definitely pic-worthy. Especially if it's a user, it'll get some cool character over time.

Oh, and congrats!

Some people said should loose all screws little bit before put in the blade, is it correct?

Yes. I've never had the blade on mine come out unless I've loosened all the screws... and I've never been able to get it back in once they're tightened.
(*pocket clip excluded, of course)

It is such a joy the way they come back together just right-no time spent fiddling with them to get them right again, blade centered and smooth action.

Back