1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Sebenza Heat Treatment and Starbenza Question.

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Easyrider, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Easyrider

Easyrider

Jan 31, 2000
    It is my understanding that around the middle of 2013 the heat treatment for Sebenzas was altered to produce a higher hardness rating. Do the current Starbenzas from Wilson combat have the higher hardness rating? I guess I am asking how new are the Wilson Combat Sebenzas? New production or left over from several years ago?

Thank you everyone.

2. zl1

zl1

Nov 24, 2012
    Ive heard that about the heat treat as well. It may or may not be.
    Could always send Wilson Combat an email and ask for the DOB :D

3. Easyrider

Easyrider

Jan 31, 2000
    Not a bad idea! Anything newer that 2013 should have the new heat treat.

4. TTTis

TTTis Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Call up wilson combat and ask for something with a newer birth date. Nobody could tell you this answer.

5. Easyrider

Easyrider

Jan 31, 2000
    I decided to pick up a plain Insingo. In fact I need to swing by the post office today to pick up the package.