1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Serrated Hinderer

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by KnifedUp, Sep 5, 2017.

1. KnifedUp

KnifedUp

Jul 4, 2017
    Has Hinderer ever made a serrated knife? I've seen in some collaboration knives he has done(Gerber). But has he personally released any? Also has anyone done a regrind on one of his knives to achieve full serrations?

2. allballs

allballs

Aug 13, 2009
    I have only seen plain edges on Hinderers.

3. KnifedUp

KnifedUp

Jul 4, 2017
    Yup, same here. Maybe it'll be a future move for the company. Kind of like spyderco and their salt series which is mostly serrated knives. Wondering if there is enough interest though

4. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Doubtful we'd ever see that.
    Consensus here is serrations are bad.
    I have a few serrated blades and find them very useful as work knives.
    Spydie, some old Kershaws and Victoronox have great serrations......there are some that are terrible tho......Cold Steel & Benchmade come to mind.
    I'd like to see what Himderer would come up with.
    Joe

5. Final Option

Final Option Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Hinderer indeed make some serrated blades. The Zurich Swat Team commissioned about 12, all in Black DLC a couple of them made it into the wild. If you go to BF archives in the Hinderer sub forum or just use the search function you can see pictures of them. They are rare and highly collectible. As far as future production don't see it happening but who knows.

KnifedUp and The Aflac Duck like this.
  6. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Interesting post. I found pics from one of the Hinderer moderators.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GlockandBalls

GlockandBalls

Jul 30, 2013
    I would like to take this time to prematurely commend Blues Bender on his 7000th post in 3.5 years. They said it couldn't be done but you proved everyone wrong! When we need expertise in all of the subjects this site covers, you swoop in with the knowledge of a true life connoisseur. I wish I had the time to post as much as you but to my chagrin, I just don't. It is however comforting to know that when I need answers, you are here. Thank you Blues Bender. You have taught me a great deal!

KnifedUp likes this.
  8. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    I've only ever ground in partial serrations into a plain edge hinderer once, but it can certainly be done.

[​IMG]

KnifedUp likes this.
  9. KnifedUp

KnifedUp

Jul 4, 2017
    Very cool! Thank you for sharing the pics. I feel partial and fully serrated knives don't get enough credit! Very useful in many jobs and projects.