Serrating a plain edge???

Mykl Clark

Banned
Does any one offer this service? I did a search and came up with a bunch of really old threads so I don't know if anyone still does this. Basically, I want to fully serrate my Spyderfly. It sounds like it'll be a long time before Sal offers a Spyderedged version.

I know some companies do offer customization of their blades when you order them. But if they do it afterwards.... hmmm. No experience in that and never heard of that. I would suggest contacting your retailer/dealer/company of the knife or find a very good knifemaker who would do it.

Have you thought of an alternative.

I personally hate these partial serrated blades.

They upset the makers designs and are a visual abomination.

That said, they cut certain items very well.

I use an Edge pro sharpener and with this device it is extremely easy to sharpen, the area that would normally have serrations, at a steeper angle and a use a coarser hone.

So you finish up with 2/3rds of the blade conventionally sharpened and the last 1/3rd, mush coarser.

This works very well and although a compromise, a good compromise

It can be done. I know of someone who does it. I will check and see if he is interested.

You can do it yourself with a ruler, a marker, a set of files (round or oval and triangular) and a bit of practice on a POS knife.

Nosmo said:
Have you thought of an alternative.

I personally hate these partial serrated blades.

They upset the makers designs and are a visual abomination.

That said, they cut certain items very well.

I use an Edge pro sharpener and with this device it is extremely easy to sharpen, the area that would normally have serrations, at a steeper angle and a use a coarser hone.

So you finish up with 2/3rds of the blade conventionally sharpened and the last 1/3rd, mush coarser.

This works very well and although a compromise, a good compromise

I personally hate partially serrated blades myself, I'm going for full serrations. And I really don't want to compromise.

The guy I know who can do this, said he won't do it on other peoples knives. Sorry.

Back