Shaman brown micarta

Shaman in micarta...

• Oh you know it’s MY-carta

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Carbon fiber or get off my lawn

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Were these an exclusive release or a sprint that many distributors will have? I love me some micarta. It will match my native 5.
8YxA610l.jpg

Has anyone seen a release date? Their instagram didn't mention anything. I know I shouldn't since I've made pretty big knife buys lately........ but I didn't know I was waiting to jump on a Shaman till I saw this sprint

I pre ordered one the other day. No longer available for pre order. I will also be trying to get the St Nick's version. I know I should really only buy one but I have no self control lol.

Dang...that looks good too... I'm hoping the Ikuchi comes back around though and I've told myself that will be the last knife purchase of this year :rolleyes:
I think if I won the lottery I still wouldn't have the funds to buy all the knives I want :D

Realistically though, I really hope the Ikuchi comes back around soon because nothing else really has my interest peaked enough to pull the trigger as of now.
The Sebenza 31 with Micarta inlays is tempting but I think I'm cool with the 4 CRKs I have for now (Zaan, Inkosi, Small and Large 21)
Still can't believe I let that initial run of Ikuchis slip past me though...:p Must've been preoccupied with other Spyders at the time ;)

Has anyone seen a release date? Their instagram didn't mention anything. I know I shouldn't since I've made pretty big knife buys lately........ but I didn't know I was waiting to jump on a Shaman till I saw this sprint
Spyderco's new release model is to use those "Reveals" you've been seeing. Few times a year Spyderco releases New Product Reveals, a handful of new knives that are near ready for release. The aim is 90 days from Product Reveals. So far, they haven't been consistently hitting that mark. But for all intents and purposes 3 months is the ETA.

Reveals are periodic supplements to Spyderco's main Product Guide that officially announce our new products. They are designed to be kept with your annual catalog to serve as a comprehensive printed reference of Spyderco's ever-evolving product line.

Because Reveals can be timed to closely correspond to in-stock availability, they are a more accurate and efficient way of unveiling new products. They will also work in concert with new-product information on this page, our social media platforms, product videos, and the Spyderco byte™ e-newsletter.

Spyderco always has a long list of new products in the works and we are committed to making every one of them as perfect as it can possibly be. Although different products invariably take different lengths of time to develop, if you ask us how long till they're ready, the answer will always be the same: When they're right.

Trust us. As we "get them right," you'll still be the first to know...

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/category/new-product-reveal

Micarta is king! I am jumping on the hype train for this one. My only trifling complaint is that it would look better without the "extraneous" clip holes (right-hand tip-up for life).

If I had the G-10 Shaman I would replace the scales with Micarta anyways so this is a win win.

Back