Shamwari and CRK

I'm not how many rules this post will break in this CRK forum so if this is totally outta line please remove. I get it.

I have several CRKs and have a line locally on a Gareth Bull Shamwari - another South Africa knife maker as most know. I have no experience with Gareth Bull and no way to tell if it is authentic or not. I posted over in the General discussion about the knife with pics but this forum in particular has users who understand spending $500 or so on individual knives.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gareth-bull-shamwari.1560871/

I'd appreciate any help in determining if it is real. It'd be nice to add to my small CRK collection. I'm reaching out here as I've found you guys and gals definitely have experience and good input. Thanks.

Looks like the generation right after mine. I had a 3.25 inch version with blue anodized titanium overtravel/pivot. Here are some pics to compare. Steel is probably N690 at that time. His earlier renditions needed a special tool for the pivot he then switched to torx like yours. This was his sculpted clip before he started making the clips with hidden hardware really ingenious design. Very well made knife. His newer generations shamwaris are even better. They sell fast with the 3 inch m390 steel on bearings going for $600. Hope that helps

IMG_20180315_53408.jpg IMG_20180315_27490.jpg

whoops sorry! meant to post this in your general discussion thread not here.

I picked up the Shamwari today to add to my CRK collection. Not the entire family, but what was in my top drawer right now.

fH3V9la.jpg

yJx1hg5.jpg

Back