• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shivworks Disciple

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIZWIN

Platinum Member
Tough call here; the Shivworks Disciple is one of those "mid-tech" knives, which fall somewhere between "custom" and "production." My apologies to those who don't consider this honey a true "custom."

Does the Disciple really need an introduction to knife-lovers? Although somewhat hard-to-find, the concept of a blade used in Pikal style self-defense is here executed in a sublime manner. Black (or charcoal-gray) micarta scales and S30V steel, with heat-tempering by the great Paul Bos. It is a hair under 7 1/2" long overall, with an approximate blade length of 3 5/8" from the end of the micarta scales to the tip. Both Trace Rinaldi, the maker, and SouthNarc, the co-designer, feel that ECQ self-defense demands a short blade.

This knife is one of the first runs of its kind. It is in excellent shape, but it has seen a fair amount of carry-time and, as can be seen from the photos, the blade bears some minor scratching as a consequence of being drawn and resheathed many times.

I cannot offer the original Tek-Lok, as it was abandoned some time back in preference for a Merc-Leash, a tan version of which is included. Small zip-ties pass through the Tek-Lok holes to secure the very minimal sheath in lieu of the Tek-Lok. Otherwise, the sheath, a thin Kydex "fold-over" type might open its seam. A serious user might consider an improved sheath made by one of the Kydex masters here on the forums.

What cutting it has seen has been done merely to test its edge against paper, but I can't deny that it has been re-sharpened more than once. I am selling it because I now have other knives that I prefer for the intended usage.

$250.00 plus $5.00 shipping via USPS Priority Mail to anywhere in the CONUS. No foreign sales. Paypal only.
Interested parties may post here or contact me via PM on this forum or via e-mail at: buddydharma@hotmail.com

Attachments

• DSCN1021.jpg
    DSCN1021.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN1020.jpg
    DSCN1020.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 113
Price dropped to $220.00, shipping included to CONUS.

Another price drop to $180.00, shipped to the lower 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back