1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ASBOB, Jan 22, 2019.

1. ASBOB

ASBOB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Is there any place posting the new knives from this year's SHOT Show?

Dadpool likes this.
  2. Gideons

Gideons

Dec 9, 2015
    Depend on the specs, only interesting knife I saw was the SOG SEAL XR.

GIRLYmann likes this.
  3. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Didn't see much interest in the new debut of any models really. Spyderco had the only good news about quarterly releases. Showed off another trendy knife, pm2 tanto.

Zt with knives that are for a new generation unlike the past.

Benchmade... Are becoming cold steel.

We knives is the new brous.

Not a fan of Kizer but they have the gemini in carbon fiber now.

Buck has some new knives in micarta and carbon fiber scales. There sprint series.

Protech being Protech.

Boker usa movin on up using Protech and houge for good quality...so this is good to hear since there Chinese line is so bad imho.

Kershaw.... Eh. They have some new slt budget knives. Not my thing. They are speed safe sadly. Apistle (sp?) looks nice. Not sure where it's made.

Gerber... Eh the keynote looks like a medovade knife. Not sure if that was intentional or not. Fastball might be interesting they haven't had big luck with these types of knives before. Looks nice. The slipjoint looks cool, it's called the straight lace iirc. And the wing tip is the smaller version. Hipster knife called the quadrant.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    P2P, Boss00Hoss, highestpoint and 8 others like this.
  4. vanadium

vanadium Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2003
    A youtube search for "shot show 2019" produces plenty of stuff to ogle. I'd link a couple, but they're branded by a non-sponsoring vendor, so I won't.

WE is showing probably 100 models, demonstrating to a room full of envious competitors what it means to have an efficient design and production cycle, and how once you've accomplished that, the only thing left to do is throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

ZT is producing more stuff that's so off-brand (miniature flippers and new colors of "carbon" fiber that can't be carbon because carbon is black) that it's ruining their brand.

Kizer and Boker are showing more new Chinese-made knives designed for people who want "value" but for some reason can't buy Kershaw or Ontario.

Same old.

Spyderco is showing the Rassenti Paysan again. They're still debating whether it's ready to be released to the public, or if it needs adjustments to look like an inside out hippopotamus first.

Dadpool, ArchVV, red mag and 15 others like this.
  5. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2016
    LOL.

Exactly what I was expecting. >_>

6. sliceofaloha

sliceofaloha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Those ppl need to get with the premium steel program, if they haven’t already. Haven’t look at SOG in a while. I have the pup.

7. vanadium

vanadium Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Thanks for pointing this out. Fox (Oreste Frati) is also producing a couple of Boker models now.

8. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Buck sprint
    Marbled G10, S30V flipper on bearings, nice knife

[​IMG][​IMG]

GasMan1, 19-3ben, skyhorse and 13 others like this.
  9. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    There's a video clip on sog knives fb
    www.facebook.com/SOGKnivesAndTools/

Well can't rightfully judge anything without any real performsnce reviews.
    I m just wondering what exactly makes it a SEAL style knife for now....???

10. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    The Gerber Jukebox is kinda neat and it's nice to see Kizer adding some new scale materials. ZT is pretty boring as usual, wish the just did some of the Kershaw Designs as ZT's.
    Spyderco needs to get that Paysan released already.

11. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I might need a Sprint in burlap micarta. The marbled G10 looks very, very nice, too.

Psy223 likes this.
  12. Gideons

Gideons

Dec 9, 2015
    The SEAL XR is in S35VN.

sliceofaloha likes this.
  13. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    I've found a couple that I like, but it's all oddfish, off in the weeds stuff.

Cold Steel/Demko AD-10, with a 3.5" blade. If it has steel liners, and doesn't cost $500, I may finally find a CS product that I don't end up reselling.

[​IMG]

Condor Compact Kephart

[​IMG]

I don't like alliteration, but I do like the knife.

We Knives Gentry

[​IMG]

I like modern interpretations of classic knife patterns, so this is something I'm very interested in. At $188, MSRP, I may wait until they iterate the color choices.

The Protech/Les George Rockeye/SBR (I think I got that close enough), looked like some tactical fun, but from experience, I don't end up carrying a sub 3" blade. This goes for the Condor mentioned above, but that's beside the point.

The Kizer/Laconico Yorkie, because I'm a Laconico fanboy (on a "production knife" budget), but I've got a good plenty Ti-frame knives already. Maybe some other time.

14. clearkevin

clearkevin Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Things have kind of changed, I already new about all the knives I would be most interested in. I'm trying to make a list of 5 knives from shot show that are really exciting and I am really struggling to get five. We've known about all the good stuff for over a year in most cases and a couple weeks for everything else. Shot show so far has nothing new that we haven't seen. Still a little more time but even the companies that haven't been covered by any youtube vids yet we basically know what they have planned for 2019.

Mo2 and Gideons like this.
  15. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    :eek::eek::eek:

No, they didn't, you should be banned for spreading these filthy lies about such blasphemy. A tanto PM2? HERESY.

Because surely you're making that up. Surely.

19-3ben, Yo Mama and Lapedog like this.
  16. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    No big surprises so far. It's all been pretty par for the course, like I expected. No real shakeups.

skyhorse likes this.
  17. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    I am just patiently waiting for the Cold Steel Demkos to hit the market. Then they're going to be mine.

18. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    A "baby BOB" too.

[​IMG]

This is a knife that I like the concept of, more than the execution. The idea it evokes, of quiet nights spent around a campfire, is very appealing.

But I like my hot showers, box-spring bed, and coffee maker a little too much.

Crag the Brewer, rpn, Pilsner and 5 others like this.
  19. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    I hope your joking. They showed off a hand ground pm2 tanto on bladehq yt page. It's trendy af. I didn't say they were bringing it to market or anything ... They asked viewers what they think. I think it's trendy af and will probably go into production because of trends.

20. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    I mean, I was absolutely being facetious, I'm guessing it wasn't apparent as I thought.