shuriken

Does anyone out there know of a place to get high-quality shuriken "throwing stars"? I have a few and would like to become skilled in throwing them but the ones I have are rather poor quality and I would like some high-quality ones to practice with. I appreciate any help everyone can give me.

Thanks,

Kris

------------------

I am sorry but I do not know of anyone who makes quality shurikens. I am capable of producing them but I do not see enough interest in them to justify producing even a small batch.

Bobby Branton

------------------
AKTI member #1000
President South Carolina Association of Knifemakers
President American Knife Throwers Alliance

http://www.brantonknives.com

My experience with (hand swords) come from a two year stint in bujinkan ninjutsu. We used the four sided type that were (not) sharp just pointed. And we also used the bo shuriken that were basicly spikes. The best four sided ones we ever made were from O1 tool steel they were 3/16 thick and 4 inches wide . We used a lazer to cut them out and then bevealed them near the edge . The spikes are made from a 3/8 thick and 9 1/2 inches long 5160 spring steel that we ground to a pencil point them hardened to 52-56 Rc. I still have about 20 spikes left and throw them against a 8 feet x 4 feet throwing board all the time. Throwing spikes is a good indication of how good your tai-jutsu(body movement)and cutting ability. I dont have any for sale right now but could make up a set if someone (really) wanted them . The four pointed hand swords are a no no in my area so I cant make anymore. To bad because they wre really fun to throw. If you have someone make them for you make sure that they use a good tool steel and (dont) I repeat dont sharpen them on the outside because they (will) cut you when you go to use them. I will try to post some pictures when I figure out how. E-mail privatly if you want some spikes .
INFINOO

Back