Signalprick/JWRitchie Knives Slipjoint Recovers, Mods and WIPS

Guys it's been slow going the past week or so. Work at my real job and my sons travel baseball team practice frequency picking up (I'm an assistant coach). My bet with that is the current coronavirus situation will postpone if not outright cancel at least our early tournaments unfortunately. Anyway, I plan to knock a few out this weekend so stay tuned. Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, I love G.L. Hanson micarta all polished up but it is the absolute nastiest, gummiest stuff to work with. All rough shaped up. Now time to hand sand my butt off!
View attachment 1298163
I have some of their G carta and it was a nightmare to work with. I'm not even sure what to do with it now. If I shape it to the thickness of a typical knife scale, it almost falls apart. I need to learn how to deal with that stuff it does look amazing once finished though.
Looks like you've got it figure out...great work :thumbsup:

I have some of their G carta and it was a nightmare to work with. I'm not even sure what to do with it now. If I shape it to the thickness of a typical knife scale, it almost falls apart. I need to learn how to deal with that stuff it does look amazing once finished though.
Looks like you've got it figure out...great work :thumbsup:
Thank Darren. I picked Nick Birdivis brain a little on finishing it. I'm going to sand through the grits one more time now that the knife is together then buff with white compound. Its definitely softer than your typical phenolic. It wouldn't bother me if it's not requested very often. ;)

Been busy this weekend! I finished up 1 of 3 #43's that I'm recovering for @Ajack60 and @Rose and Thistle Custom this one is done in a blue ripple micarta from G.L. Hansen. These are the last knives I'll work with the G.L. Hanson micarta on.
20200314_113004.jpg

20200314_113315.jpg

20200314_112901.jpg

Next up is a A. Wright lambsfoot recovered in black linen micarta for Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck These are not an easy turd to polish!!:eek:
20200315_144956.jpg

20200315_145005.jpg

Last is a #92 blade delete for Wild Willie Wild Willie
20200314_150104.jpg

20200314_150131.jpg

Back