Signalprick/JWRitchie Knives Slipjoint Recovers, Mods and WIPS

15851851481422102517919.jpg
I must apologize for my delinquency in posting here, but I took a short hiatus from the internet in general. I got my 92 back from Jason last Friday (blade delete) and I couldn't be happier... It's been hogging my pocket since then. Awesome work Jason, and keep it up!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I found out my drill press doesn't cut it either (too sloppy) and am going to try the router method to drill out the pivot disc hole.
Did you have any trouble drilling through the parser plate?
Thanks for posting!

I found out my drill press doesn't cut it either (too sloppy) and am going to try the router method to drill out the pivot disc hole.
Did you have any trouble drilling through the parser plate?
Thanks for posting!
Yes. But again, only because my press is not that great and my bit was probably a little dull. Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem. I left my cell # with @Terdl76 on IG. Feel free to give me a ring anytime also Darren. :thumbsup: Sometime it's easier to explain as opposed to typing it out. ;)

View attachment 1309480
I must apologize for my delinquency in posting here, but I took a short hiatus from the internet in general. I got my 92 back from Jason last Friday (blade delete) and I couldn't be happier... It's been hogging my pocket since then. Awesome work Jason, and keep it up!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Glad you are enjoying it sir! I just finished up my personal #92 tonight. It is an "S" model that I recovered in vintage rag micarta and pinned bollocks shield. I'm a multi blade junkie so no delete on mine. :D Pardon the terrible lighting in my shop. Better pics tomorrow! :thumbsup:
20200325_210458.jpg

20200325_210505.jpg

That pinned bollocks shield reminds me of those truck nuts you see hanging down from the receiver hitch on pickups. :D If I were to pick a nickname for that knife, as some on the Porch do, it would be a manly name. :p
Yep, it's my nut knife! :D I personally love the shield and chose it because I think it fits the history of the pattern perfectly. One of the oldest shields on one of the older slippie patterns covered in some of the oldest phenolic. That's how I envisioned it. :thumbsup: Here are some early morning natural lighting shots along with a custom made slip I won in a GAW for this particular knife.
20200326_080451.jpg

That thing is tight! Looks sweet!
Thank you Glenn. The owner just told me this is somewhere between 65 and 55 years old. Really well built knife. I am impressed.

Beautiful work Jason, can't wait to get it in my pocket. I knew you would it right, not only do I love the recover and shield work but the way you cleaned up the bolsters and backsprings made it look like new. :thumbsup::cool:
This will be one I'll likely carry quite a bit, useful blade combo but also one I can just enjoy for the looks and feel of those warm wood handles and quality workmanship.:)

Been a long weekend modding, I'm pooped!!! :eek: GEC 78 today. I bought this as a parts knife. Now it's a lightweight shadow pattern EDC beast! Recovered in some of that vintage railroad rectifier natural linen micarta with black G10 liners and vintage black linen micarta badge shield. All stainless hardware. Pics are from start to finish. Thanks for looking! :)
20200329_122405.jpg

20200329_122852.jpg

20200329_123527.jpg

20200329_131753.jpg

20200329_131756.jpg

20200329_150253.jpg

20200329_153219.jpg

Back