simple question

Are all Sebenza'a manual action, that is, CR does not make automatics in the small Sebenza variety?
The issue is:
I just purchased a small Sebenza and thought I was getting an automatic knife. I think the design and craftmanship are superb, but I feel a bit let down. Though the quality is unquestionable, the price I paid is a bit much for a manual tactical folder ($290).
I thought I was getting an automatic, now I have very expensive tactical folder.
Is this what it is?

Your thoughts ...

Terry, perhaps you would want to do some research on the threads on this forum (Chris Reeves)to find out the obvious quality of the Sebenza. All of this line is manual...no autos. However, if you are disappointed with your purchase, I'm sure you can find a buyer without any difficulty. Personally, I think you bought one hecka of a knife!
cool.gif
cool.gif

Who or what gave you the idea that the Sebenza was an automatic? Tangus is right though, if you want to sell it just post it in the for sale forum and I bet you'll have a buyer before the day ends.

------------------
~Keith~
"War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

The more I play with it the more I like it. The quality is undeniable, and I can always use a 'spare' non-auto.
It sure is a real keeper
smile.gif

Thanks for your replys.

Terry,

Give the Sebenza the old test drive, I don't think you'll be disappointed. This is one of, if not the best folding knife (utility type) you will find. I've carried and used a lot of automatics and I always come back to manuals. The best auto I've had was a Microtech SOCOM D/A Clip Point, and it wasn't half the knife the Sebenza is. Hope this helps allay your apprehensions.

Automatics - I hope CRK never makes 'em! But I've not really ever heard that Sebenza would be considered a tactical folder either...?

Hugo.

The Sebenza is one of the best Tactical Folders made..
I personally carry and use a Large Sebenza daily..
The Sebenza serves as a true Tact Knife..

Murray Haday

------------------
"More SWEAT in the Gym - Less BLOOD in the Ring"

Chris Reeve makes practical working knives. I see automatics more as fun knives rather than working knives. Why do you want an automatic knife Terry? Chances are, it's because it's "cool". Sebenzas leave the cool out and get the job done.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

Switchblades? We don't need no stinking switchblades!

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Well he had doubts, he played with it, I think we have a new Sebenzanista on our hands
eek.gif

------------------
-Humpty

AKTI Member # A000984
Proverbs 23:2

*ph-ph-pht, sputter, gack*

JoHnYKwSt, what are you saying?! Are you mad?! You should know that Sebenzas are cooler than all get-out. That's it, buster, we're placing you on Sebenzanista probation. No flicking or fiddling with a Sebenza until you apologize, young man. And no TV before dinner, either.
wink.gif

Not cool, indeed. Feh.

LOL

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Don,

You know what I meant!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

Back