1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Slight mods and new pants for the 20

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by knifejunkie1928, May 1, 2016.

1. knifejunkie1928

knifejunkie1928 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2015
    So I've had my 20 for a little while now. It needed a new sheath. Nothing wrong with the Kabar polyester sheath, I just like the look of leather. I'm pretty terrible with leather still, but I decided to try a pancake style sheath. I usually do taco sheaths. Anyway, it turned out pretty good. Added the dangler even though I think this may be one of those knives too big to carry on a belt.

The mods I did are almost nonexistent. I etched the logo and then stripped the coating off. Then I re-profiled the tip a bit. The edge sweeps up now more than it sticks out. Lowered the bend in the spine (barely) and rounded out the rest of it. Still not completely happy with it, but I'll work on it more down the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. B.Mauser

B.Mauser KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 22, 2011
    Looks great! I am trying to find time to start a dangler for my BK20.

3. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    :thumbup: nice pants!

4. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    Looking good!

5. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Nice!

6. BeeKayNutCase

BeeKayNutCase

Jan 26, 2015
    Sweet work KJ. The leather looks great (not sure why you think you aren't good at that) and I love that you've done a bit of reprofiling as well. The subtle clip angle makes for an easy conversion to a drop point I reckon. Keep us posted as you go bud. Love this stuff..

7. knifejunkie1928

Feb 15, 2015
    Thanks for all the kind words guys!

beekaynutcase: the leather looks good because the photos don't show the backside of it haha. and a drop point would be pretty cool on a 20.

8. BeeKayNutCase

BeeKayNutCase

Jan 26, 2015
    And no one will see the back side of it when you're carrying it either therefore it doesn't exist right?

9. knifejunkie1928

Feb 15, 2015
    haha exactly!

out of sight out of mind.

thats the spirit!

10. redmech

redmech

Feb 22, 2011
    Nice, I love working on leatherwork. You did great on that one.

11. gtblade

gtblade

Oct 22, 2015
    Very nice!