Slysz Bowie - just another 'garage studio' shot...

I just can't get this model out of my pocket... superb EDC!

slysz_bowie_850.jpg

I got my Slysz last week. I really like it a Lot. I have big hands. I was a little afraid that the handle wouldn't be long enough. The handle fits my my hand great.

I like it better than any Spydie I've ever had. I have/had 15-20 Spyies. This is an awesome knife!

Last edited:
Your pictures pushed me over the edge a long time ago so I got mine early. It is sweetness

Last edited:
Anyone know if this knife can be closed easily (one handed) with the left hand? Would love one of these but it looks like it might not work that well for a lefty.

Anyone know if this knife can be closed easily (one handed) with the left hand? Would love one of these but it looks like it might not work that well for a lefty.

No problems closing, but the hole covered so opening it left handed is easier with the index finger than the thumb.. (I'm right handed and, according to my old basketball coach, not too elegant when using my left:eek:)

really like the proportions on this knife. I'm curious to know though - does the semicircular indentation on the handle create any hot-spots on your fingers while using the knife? it reminds me of the Southard flipper handle which I know got some flak.

really like the proportions on this knife. I'm curious to know though - does the semicircular indentation on the handle create any hot-spots on your fingers while using the knife? it reminds me of the Southard flipper handle which I know got some flak.

The sharpness on my Southard feels like the G10 milling on the scale. The bowie feels pretty smoothed out on the Ti scale. Looks like they tumbled it pretty hard during the stonewash.

Not an issue for me at all. Love the Slysz and the Techno. Opens great with a Spydie flick (which righties can't do at all) or the index finger and thumb "pinch" open technique.

To close it just use your index finger across the face of the handle to disengage the lock bar and then use your thumb in the hole to control the closing motion. Takes a few times to get comfortable with the action, but one you do its a breeze. I close the Millie in the same way.

I think closing the Techno and the Bowie this way is even faster than a compression lock.

As a lefty, we get the added bonus of the outer cutout for the lockbar not snagging on the pants during a draw. The smooth sides of the scale just slide across fabric. You can even use your thumb placed in the cutout to gain better purchase on the knife during the draw.

Long story short, get the Slysz, it's the bees knees.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful looking knife. Love the proportions and materials. Might have to try one out now that I know it's lefty accessible.

Back