Small inkosi EDC

hey Guys. Got a small inkosi insingo coming from knifeart and was curious as to what those who have or have had one feel about it as an edc blade? I’m pretty flexible on using big or small blades really so I don’t think size will be an issue. If anything it will be more people friendly. I have a zaan and absolutely love it. However I really can’t fling it out at work and expect people to feel safe. So will the inbound blade suffice at daily chores? Thanks

It depends on the daily chores. Opening packages/cutting string/tearing down boxes, sure. Batoning through hardwood logs, maybe not.

Really though, it’s a great little knife. I can’t choose between it and the small Sebenza so I carry both.

i.ashx

As stated above, it depends on what you call daily chores. It is a small knife that acts big.

On most days I have two knives with me - a small micarta Inkosi and a Native 5 LW S110V. Neither is large, but I rarely need anything larger.

My daily cutting is anywhere from typical box opening, zip ties, ropes, cardboard and paper and random things Nothing hard use really

I’ve got a Small Inkosi Insingo Micarta on order. I’m wondering if it will be too small, given that it’s a bit smaller than the Small Sebenza, but I’m looking forward to finding out

9C5F3999-5938-4789-904F-0B14DEBD5588.jpeg Just put a new edge on mine I got yesterday. Factory edge was so so. I love this little thing so far. You can’t even tell it’s in your pocket and the sounds it makes opening and closing is pure music. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine

Personally i find the small Inkosi slightly too short handled for me. On the other hand I feel like the small 21 is an absolutely ideal edc. It fits quite alot of blade into a slim and small package.

For other people the small inksoi will probably fit their hand great.

Either way the small crks are great edc knives imho. Easily at the top of my list along with other edc masterpieces like the Benchmade 940 and Spydie Delica.

My daily cutting is anywhere from typical box opening, zip ties, ropes, cardboard and paper and random things Nothing hard use really

If that's what you're going to do with it... then you're going to love it. It's an absolute refined beast for those chores and excels at them on a daily basis. And if need be it could handle much much more.

Initially I thought the inkosi may be to small as well when I first grabbed it. This is the problem i think most people make when handling a knife for the first time. They automatically grab it in a hammer grip. Realistically, how often does someone hold it that way in their daily cutting chores?? When you use the knife in a variety of other holds in your daily cutting is when the grooves of the inkosi start to shine. They just seem to be in all the right places when maneuvering the knife around in your hand and making sure it stays put throughout the cut.

I also thought the blade was going to come up too short when compared to the small sebenza. That is until one summer day late last august I took at Honey Dew melon out to the deck for a fresh relaxing snack in the afternoon sun. In my haste to get out and enjoy the weather I forgot a kitchen knife. Laziness had set in and I refused to get back up from my patio chair. Luckily I had the inkosi in my pocket. I thought to myself this is never going to work. No way will the blade get to the center and punch out some nice slices of melon. Was I ever wrong!! Not only did it do it well it performed incredibly well at slicing clearing seeds and making some bite size chunks out a relatively large melon.

So all around, in my opinion of course, it is a perfect candidate for an everyday every-chore carry knife. Enjoy it!

If that's what you're going to do with it... then you're going to love it. It's an absolute refined beast for those chores and excels at them on a daily basis. And if need be it could handle much much more.

Initially I thought the inkosi may be to small as well when I first grabbed it. This is the problem i think most people make when handling a knife for the first time. They automatically grab it in a hammer grip. Realistically, how often does someone hold it that way in their daily cutting chores?? When you use the knife in a variety of other holds in your daily cutting is when the grooves of the inkosi start to shine. They just seem to be in all the right places when maneuvering the knife around in your hand and making sure it stays put throughout the cut.

I also thought the blade was going to come up too short when compared to the small sebenza. That is until one summer day late last august I took at Honey Dew melon out to the deck for a fresh relaxing snack in the afternoon sun. In my haste to get out and enjoy the weather I forgot a kitchen knife. Laziness had set in and I refused to get back up from my patio chair. Luckily I had the inkosi in my pocket. I thought to myself this is never going to work. No way will the blade get to the center and punch out some nice slices of melon. Was I ever wrong!! Not only did it do it well it performed incredibly well at slicing clearing seeds and making some bite size chunks out a relatively large melon.

So all around, in my opinion of course, it is a perfect candidate for an everyday every-chore carry knife. Enjoy it!
Sounds great. I can’t wait to get some a weathered look on this little gem. Really looking forward to being in a pinch and seeing just what all the inkosi can get away with

I've been carrying a large 21 since Thanksgiving until this week when a small 21 Insingo has been my carry knife. The smaller CRKs really do disappear in the pocket but have plenty of blade for normal EDC tasks. Congrats on the purchase, did you get a PJ or Micarta Inkosi?

I have a small micarta insingo inkosi and also a small Wilson combat sebenza.

They’re a dead tie for which I like best. The insingo inkosi has been carried more when I’m at work. Just seems a bit classier and the shape and natural micarta inlays make it seem a little less threatening to the sheeple work with than the pointier meaner sebenza haha.

But both are fabulous edc blades for the size.

I had a love and hate relationship with my small Inkosi.
When I received it I thought to return it.
It was really feeling too small compared to the small sebenza I was used to, and the lanyard was for me awkward...
I am still not good witht he lanyard, soI removed it and for more than one year now it is my favourite EDC and I d'ont carry my small sebenza anymore (I will have to think to sell it sooner or later:) ).

M only advice: remove the lanyard and just enjoy it!

i has to remove the lanyard to “understand” the ergonomics of this knife
The lanyard sits where your palm shall rest on the knife to really get use of the finger grooves
Without the lanyard it all makes sense to me

Very nice little blade. I bought and sold one but purchased another to give it a try and it is one of my main EDC blades.

The small Inkosi is very smooth and just about the perfect size to EDC. It’s also non threatening for use in public.

I’m keeping mine.

Back