Small Inkosi in Disneyland - any idea if I can carry it with me?

We're off to Disneyland and i want to have a pocket knife with me. Anyone know if my small Inkosi will be allowed in? Rules indicate "no weapons of any kind". So not sure. Any experience out there on this?

After I went through the park 2 days straight carrying a griptilian (2010) with a pocket clip, on the third day they spotted it and I had to take it back to the hotel. At that time, if I had simply carried it within my pocket, it would have never been an issue. I do not know whether they are now running metal detectors. My advice, albeit frustrating, is to leave it in the room. I lost a fair amount of time hoofing it back and forth to the hotel. And trust me, they have eyes where you wouldn't guess and what I would consider excellent security.

It's not whether you can get away with carrying it, it's gonna be if someone reports you if you use it.

I was just there two months ago. They tell you before you get on the tram to leave any "weapons" in your car. They randomly pick people to go through a metal detector. I left my knife in my car. It's up to you if you wanna play the odds. I personally would not risk losing a CRK.

I believe that Disneyland has a limit for folders and the blade needs to be less than 3 inches. Yes they measure.

Watch out for Goofy he has become super ornery in his old age, pretty much a no tolerance policy, or at least so I heard from Tink. Apparently he had an issue with Davie Crocket having one to many and chasing Mickey around the property. Ever since then .... its really gotten strict.

I am a CastMember at Disneyland and unfortunately knives are no longer allowed in the Parks. There are now metal detectors at security and chances are you will get busted. I stopped carrying my knives in the Park ever since I lost my Small CF 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, took my small Inkosi to Cali with me. We went over the night before our first day in the parks to pick up our tickets. Sure enough they were pushing people through the metal detectors. I didn't realize I'd have to go through security to get to the ticket offices. The security guy measured my Inkosi and it was too big. I couldn't take my "weapon" in with me. I just left it with my son and he stayed outside the gates while my daughter and i got the tickets. I left it at our apartment on the days we were at the Disneyland parks. Interestingly enough, when the lines get long, they send about 1/2 the people through the metal detectors and wave others through. I didn't have to go through the metal detectors one day. Thanks guys for the input.

Did the metal detector pick up the Inkosi, or was it discovered in some other fashion?

I ask because metal detectors are not really that good at picking up pocket knives. I recently saw a mini Griptilian go through the metal detector at airport security. The Inkosi has more metal, though.

Last edited:
I remember when I went to Bali and Sri Lanka last year. I had my 21 Large with me on the hand carry luggage. It was in a CRK sheath and was kept with the other photography stuff in my lowepro bag. It was manually checked by security as well as x-ray machine but I did not have any issues. Most probably the sebenza was in its sheath and it does not look intimidating compared to other folders. Given the choice,I would not want to bring a folder along, but having one during a holliday is beneficial as there are many usage for such tools.

I would never risk traveling with a knife I really like, especially one as expensive as a CRK. Between the different laws around the country and airport security there is a lot of chances for things to go wrong. I don't travel all that much, but I usually just buy a knife at my destination and either give it away before leaving or ship it back to myself:thumbup:

My dad carried his ka-bar dozier to Illinois and back. It was in his laptop bag (Carry-on) the whole time! The security in Taiwan missed it, the Tokyo security missed it and the Illinois TSA agents missed it as well.....

-kevin

We drove to California, so no issues with airport security. Interesting about the metal detector. I actually removed everything from my pockets as instructed. That's the problem with being a law abiding citizen...I'm used to doing what is asked. In retrospect, I should've left it in my pocket. It the detector beeped, I still could have given it to my son to hold outside the gate while we picked up the tickets. Anyway, had a great trip, didn't lose my Small Inkosi.

I would never risk traveling with a knife I really like, especially one as expensive as a CRK. Between the different laws around the country and airport security there is a lot of chances for things to go wrong. I don't travel all that much, but I usually just buy a knife at my destination and either give it away before leaving or ship it back to myself:thumbup:

What Ernie says......

That's interesting. I would think that Disneyland's policy would be strictly enforced regardless of length. I had a Manbug (small blade) on my key ring entering the LA County Fair...busted! I had to hike back out to my car in the north forty to deposit my knife and then stand in line again. Had I just put my keys with knife in my wife's purse, all would have been well.
In the future I won't try to skirt the rules in hope of bringing any blade into a facility that states "no weapons." It'll just say in the car.

Back