1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Small Inkosi Insingo & My thoughts

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by TheFactor, Nov 10, 2017.

1. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    I wanted to throw up a thread to help anyone that might be on the fence like I was about picking up a small Inkosi because of its size .
    I was very worried with my medium size mitts and maybe a little wider then your average medium size hands. Well let me tell you it fits like a glove and I'm simply amazed that Chris Reeve was able to do that with a small knife like this. I kept looking at the specs and then getting my tape rule out multiple times and thinking no way this knife is just to small feel good in hand.
    Boy was I wrong I can't believe how great it feels . The inkosi which is my first BTW and its exceeded my expectations on how smooth the action is and how easy it is to disengage the lock bar. Solid little knife that's built like a tank with great ego's.
    Anyway thought I'd share my thoughts and not that no one has seen one before but this one is mine :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    353, rexromic, HST and 7 others like this.
  2. Korean Hog

Korean Hog Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Made me want one even more! :D

TheFactor likes this.
  3. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Just throwing it out there lol .
    Seriously I think you'd be very happy !

4. awd_xtc

awd_xtc

Jan 25, 2015
    I gotta be honest. I was really nervous that this thing would be too small, I have pretty big hands. I absolutely love it, it's not better than a large its just different. It is going to make a great edc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    After spending some more time with it I like it even more. Even the reverse grip feels good on this little guy !
    Amazing little knife to say the least .
    I put a order in with CRK for a small inkosi insingo with natural Micarta inserts .
    I Like it that much :thumbsup:

HST likes this.
  6. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    I like the regular small plain Inkosi so much I owned two. Down to one now, but am sensing some regret.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    TheFactor likes this.
  7. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Fantastic knife. It's been in my pocket more days than not since I got mine.

HST and TheFactor like this.
  8. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    I have a plain-jane standard drop-point Inkosi, and lately I've been EDCing it more than my large plain 21 Insingo. It's a small knife that behaves like a large knife. I bought mine more than a year ago, but lately I've been carrying and using it a lot more than before. The small Inkosi feels better and more secure in my hand than the small Sebenza, even though the latter is slightly bigger. The small Inkosi feels really comfortable and secure in my average-size hands, and it cuts like a laser.

Jim

9. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Just ordered one.

10. JB in SC

May 19, 2001
    @awd_xtc the way the small handle fits most hands is surprising. A small Sebenza doesn't fit me nearly as well as the small Inkosi and I have medium sized hands. I do have to remove the lanyard, it makes a difference.

HST likes this.
  11. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    At first the lanyard felt a little different because it doesn't lay down . I gave it some time and now it feels natural for me to rest my pinky on the back side .
    Plus I like it when I snatch it out of my pocket either two fingers or just grabbing the lanyard .

12. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    So if the large Inkosi fits my hand with zero extra handle, would I be happy with the small’s size?

13. JB in SC

May 19, 2001
    Peter Atwood had a cool idea for securing a lanyard on an Inkosi. He threads the paracord through a 007 sized O ring. Allows the lanyard to be tightened or loosened without untying a knot.

14. vilePossum

vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    After a disappointment with another knife company's take on warranty and disassembly I think I am ready for my first CRK.

Glad to see that people with medium-large hands can handle the inkosi well, cause that had me kind of worried on the small one. Thanks for sharing your experience and the pictures.

15. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    That's a good idea :thumbsup:

16. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Your very welcome and it was my pleasure . I know I was worried especially putting up that much coin but it was well worth it .

17. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Everyone's
    Everyone I would think is going to have a different feel for what they like . But for me I get 3 fingers on a angle grip with my pinky resting on the end . With a straight grip I can get 3 and a half . Both grips feel good and even the reverse grip feels great for me .
    Again that's with my hands though .

HST likes this.
  18. JB in SC

May 19, 2001
    I'd recommend to buy from a dealer that will accept returns with no restocking fee, just in case it doesn't fit your hands.

vilePossum likes this.
  19. vilePossum

vilePossum

Jan 14, 2015
    Thanks, luckily that is nothing to be concerned about over here in Germany... We have far fewer dealers to chose from though, no exclusives and not to mention the prices...
    I will aim for the small one though (first.?!)

TheFactor likes this.
  20. awd_xtc

awd_xtc

Jan 25, 2015
    I wear an xl glove and I find the small is much more comfortable than I thought it would be. I also removed the lanyard,