Small Sebenza Thumbstud

If a small sebenza came with a single thumbstud, can it be converted to a dual thumbstud? If so, can I get it from CRK? Thanks.

Call them up and explain exactly what you want, but you'll have to send the knife in for that work.

Dual thumb lugs can be installed by CRK. It's not cheap when you consider postage both ways and the cost of installation ($35).

Ok, so it's not worth sending it back to CRK for that. Thanks.
That is up to you to decide. Many have sent their knives in for them. I used to, but have grown to like the single better. On the small the 2nd thumb stud is not overly easy to use(at least on some knives), so you might be getting little benefit other than it looking balanced.
They are press fit.

There are dealers who sell them with dual studs and occasionally here in the exchange. Imo its not worth it to send it in for just that. U can get another decent folder for that total price you would pay $35 plus 17.50 for spa plus u shipping to them. Getting close to $60

In my opinion, while $35 seems like a lot for such a small thing, when it comes to an expensive (for me at least) knife such as the Sebenza, it should be perfect for you, and just how you want it!

When these were in for service earlier this year I had dual studs installed on all three 21s and I'm very happy I did it. Actually, the two smalls were there solely for that reason. My preferred method of opening a folder is to pinch the studs/disc/hole between my thumb and finger. Once the blade is about halfway out I finish opening with the thumb. Now I can open all my regular carry CRKs the same as my other knives: small plain & Insingo micarta shown, large Starbenza 21, Umnumzaan, plain Sebenza 25, small plain Inkosi. I enjoy them much more. If I send any others to the factory I will have dual studs installed.

Rce8LjwSPRPWpTTUeyvL9KcXk-4XxbxWXFFyIAhalZR11E4s2uQFYvLfRoJEwe9oh-d4bhDVNcddsJxkZQhHlG6IlEBumuVNZC9OBAtEsIjlyiSwKcd7HQg_QUaS3vKQgqajXVLPyuSpUV5S5vs1VZRgK5ATqbeCbGTJTt7f34DIY-KBjj6nFyh4bPFBEogNqEYnFtCR56avvvQfVB78JtEQF3i4qIKHeSHH4tinPymXgLKeisJ3ues09s4je6AEoQH2alhETwqRYvlvMvl82zl3TpwJvfjhb4Adns7xGO1dksQwMrMKWt5xaihEP7GUoxJJWWwqlzbzLYfnPIqievgdSllcspBakaPSOpvaEUy9BFFwIN_74RCAAXiEEF_gvRvEBr96Nm5LOrl8mq9dydyPGFuB2elbaXPcH75NmzhvB7nb7zXyE3D8CcYXMhMGRJ8KaCYyPnt3egB9_nln8qWi-0QdF5BlA5RbIJzmBkCDulIZOJVq8KdA9WFUKiSd-24-vbOEZDF7U44mMz9SG-Fpfr64Vdg2j6lEgH-vUKSc3HTOpbHr22RABcA4xjEdTw3JBZSEg3y6mENdU9hl5hjvvKwifnPK7UyWv7j4kqaevNHXmKsm=w1024-h684-no

All,

I think I will send the knife to CRK and have the 2nd Thumb Lug installed for all of the reasons stated by photoman. Why shouldn't I have exactly what I want, right?

Thanks to "All" for our input.

All,

I think I will send the knife to CRK and have the 2nd Thumb Lug installed for all of the reasons stated by photoman. Why shouldn't I have exactly what I want, right?

Thanks to "All" for our input.

You can also ask for silver thumb lugs if you prefer them to the blue..

Back