SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Just had a chance to get back to this thread and WOW, great pics guys!!! I think I liked every single one of them. There are so many post it's tough keeping up but I pick out a few that contain some of my favorite knives.
These fit the bill
uIvU95C.jpg

YsKdNKU.jpg
lambertiana, the Queen and the Case, two Simply Super Smalls, thanks for sharing!

I'm very fond of smallish knives. I pretty much have to have one in my watch pocket every day or I don't feel right. For me though, they are a supplement to a larger knife in my right front pocket.

Here are a few that I like to carry.

View attachment 915214
View attachment 915215
View attachment 915216
View attachment 915217
View attachment 915218
View attachment 915219
View attachment 915221
View attachment 915222
Great showing Rick, I particularly like the one with the dog head shield.

I always have a little one with me. Most of the time it's all I need.
mtBvIkW.jpg

3fsu50T.jpg

dmQNu0X.jpg
Gary, everyone spectacular but that AG Russell... always a thrill to see!!!

The little ones could get addictive.
Maybe.
Plus, if you ever wanted to take a picture of all your little ones together, they might be hard to track down... and, you know, it might be hard to stop buying them. But, there are at least half a dozen in my collection that I couldn't find for the picture. Maybe I should go buy some more...
View attachment 915288
You do like the smalls... very nice collection!!!

Sears Craftsman:
Years ago I carried a Sears Craftsman pen knife at work, just like the one in front. When I first got it and showed it off, everyone laughed about how small it was. Next thing you know it was "hey, can I borrow your knife?" day after day after day. I eventually lost that one but liked it so much I got a replacement. (I carried the Buck 305 for quite a while also. The Schrade-Walden was modded after these pictures by glennbad with ivory scales and is special occasion carry only now.)
Good story my friend. Glad you were able to replace the craftsman, I have one and they're wonderful knives! One of my favorites.

Got a few SMALLS myself.
2.75" Case 5120R Peanut.
TGwYxl6.jpg

2.75" Camillus 22 Pony Jack.
3xW0Ulf.jpg

3" Camillus. No idea what the model number is for this guy, but it lives up to it's name.
With the clip main plus a screw driver and at only 9/32" thick it is a utilitarian pleasure to carry when a thicker SAK isn't desired.
Oo8st1n.jpg

3" Imperial shell construction knife. Cheap but it cuts to it's size just fine.
ng5X6J6.jpg

3.25" Northwoods Stag Jack.
juin51e.jpg

3.25" Craftsman 9546.
151fDFW.jpg

And the 3.25" Buck 704.
SY4WMT7.jpg
Outstanding pics of some fantastic knives mykel m!!! Especially the Case and Northwoods... Sweet!!!

I really like that one Jason :thumbsup:

I have several hundred small knives, here are a few that I like :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 915364

View attachment 915365

View attachment 915366
View attachment 915367

View attachment 915369

View attachment 915371
I like those too Jack! Always a pleasure to see something from your extensive collection.

OH my!! You are a fortunate person! :)

Every single one absolutely beautiful!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for posting.

Since no one can have 'em all, I appreciate everyone who posted. Thanks for sharing your Smalls with us here. I'm really enjoying this thread, hope it continues for a good long time. I know I have a few more I plan on showing.

Last edited:
I'm fairly close to that today, and very often; carrying an old brown bone Ulster "Jr. Cattle knife" which is a 3- 3/8" equal end. Also have a Case 63090 same size and configuration. Lost a Case Jr. Scout of the same size a few months ago. I like that I can use them anywhere for the common chores like picking splinters, opening packages, cutting tape or string, etc., and no one ever even look my way twice. Light and small, inobtrusive but effective. Hard to beat for edc.

Nice pics :thumbsup:
Thanks Kevin.

Outstanding pics of some fantastic knives mykel m!!! Especially the Case and Northwoods... Sweet!!!

Since no one can have 'em all, I appreciate everyone who posted. Thanks for sharing your Smalls with us here. I'm really enjoying this thread, hope it continues for a good long time. I know I have a few more I plan on showing.
Thanks red.

NP3JyInh.jpg

This swayback jack just barely tops 3". It's just a few days shy of being in my pocket everyday for one year straight. This board makes me want other knives, but I have not found the need to carry anything else.
That's wonderful greentrout! Any plans once you've reached one year carry?

That really is a fine collection Travman Travman !!! Got a couple questions for ya, if you don't mind.
What model is the tomato acrylic?
What is that in the second pic, above the burlap 25 :confused: o_O ???

That's wonderful greentrout! Any plans once you've reached one year carry?
I'm not entirely sure yet. I really see no need to take it from my pocket. But this site tends to cause desires and I have my eyes on a few different knives. I've not bought any new pocket knives since I got this one a year ago. I will for sure be purchasing a forum knife which will get a chance for some pocket time. I'm also on Glennbad's wait list with a few ideas to come up with a possible new EDC, most likely a single bladed option this time. Who knows if either will replace the SBJ!

Ironically, each of the knife I am considering is just a bit above the size range you listed here. Not that I think I need a bigger knife, just that the styles that have caught my eye aesthetically all fall in the 3 1/2 - 3 7/8" range.

This little Case half whittler gets pocket time on days when I'm just relaxing.
wMsVaz5.jpg

I am a big fan of the Half Whittler; I actually have this same model. The only drawback is that I don't like to use it on stuff (like fruit) that might mess up the etching on the carbon Damascus. Mine would probably rub a lot of people the wrong way, though. The bone on one side looks just like yours, but the bone on the other is more blue from end to end (see the photo). Definitely not well matched handles!

IMG_1447.JPG

Thank you! The Russell pinched peanut has been a pretty regular companion since I got it.

Just to clarify, is this the "A.G. Russell Pinched Peanut with Wooly Mammoth Ivory Handle Scales" (RUS-JJ13-MI)? I am going to pick one of those up when I am State-side in July. I have had my eye on it for a while. As a US citizen, I can buy one while I am there and legally avoid the prohibitive shipping, value-added tax and import duties/fees. I have actually corresponded with A.G. Russell about this and they put one aside for me. I can't wait to see it in person!

My Case Peanut remains one of my favorite knives. When I first got it, I wasn't sure why I'd ever need the tiny pen secondary when the main blade is already so small . . . but I use the secondary at least 50% of the time. :D

KKfBsZf.jpg

Back