So... let's see some bag pics!

Skrapmetal

Gold Member
This forum was the first I'd actually heard of Saddleback Leather. I've been trying to find just the right bag for my woods/outdoors day hikes for quite a while, and the idea of a durable leather bag has been rattling around upstairs for a while. The older I get, the more I find myself gravitating toward old-school gear.

Couple that with my complete lack of financial impulse control, and within about an hour of first browsing Saddleback's site I ordered a Large Satchel in Dark Coffee Brown.

I popped for the two-day shipping, so I'm hoping it will arrive before Thanksgiving so I can take it over to my parents house to show my old man. And I'll be sure to post up some pictures here to try to help get things going a bit. :cool:

Anyone else have one of their bags? Post some pictures up!

You made a great choice. Actually the exact same great choice (Large Coffee Brown briefcase) I made a year ago :)

Here's a pic of mine from last year with my other christmas present. Even though I use it every day it doesn't look much different than this a year later. It's going to take a lifetime to break in but I think that's the idea.

Enjoy yours! By the way where in IA are you?

picture.php

Great, now we can se some pics.
I wanted to see picture of the medium briefcase in any color. If possible, it would be better to see picture together with something (knife) that will allow to judge the size. Thank you.

You made a great choice. Actually the exact same great choice (Large Coffee Brown briefcase) I made a year ago :)

Here's a pic of mine from last year with my other christmas present. Even though I use it every day it doesn't look much different than this a year later. It's going to take a lifetime to break in but I think that's the idea.

Enjoy yours! By the way where in IA are you?

Thanks for the picture. :D

I live in Des Moines. Most of my outdoors time in my life has been spent between land south of town owned by family members (which is no longer in the family now. :( ) and Brown's Woods on the SW edge of the city.

Great pic. Would love to see more from you guys. And congrats skrapmetal. Hope the bag treats you well over Thanksgiving!

I just ordered a couple of pieces from Saddleback. An x-large classic briefcase in coffee brown and a matching moleskine case. I am on the wait list for his iPod case as well. I'll post the pictures as soon as I receive the package.

Here are my three SBL pieces, all in carbon black:
large, thin briefcase
small pouch (for my Palm Centro)
medium bifold wallet

attachment.php

I apologize for the poor image quality but my new BB Bold 9700 that I got for work just isn't up to taking great photos. :grumpy:

I've used them every day for the last six months and they still look new. :thumbup:

∞

Attachments

• LgThinBcase_smPouch_medBifoldWallet.jpg
    LgThinBcase_smPouch_medBifoldWallet.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,217
Sharp looking set. I like the Panerai wallpaper as well!

Thanks! Any chance of a SBL 24/24mm strap for the Panerai? Maybe with the SBL stamp on the shorter (buckle) strap? Something in the 75/115mm range.

Something like this?

attachment.php

(This image shows the 24/22mm taper, but that wouldn't be necessary.)

∞

Attachments

• Strap.JPG
    Strap.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,183
Thanks! Any chance of a SBL 24/24mm strap for the Panerai? Maybe with the SBL stamp on the shorter (buckle) strap? Something in the 75/115mm range.

You know, we get asked about watch straps a lot. I don't know if there is plans to make any at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if it came up in the not too distant future. Will keep you posted on that one.

Satchel arrived today, this thing is awesome. I was wondering if it was going to be big enough for what I want (lots of room, and big enough to not look like I'm carrying a purse ;) ), but it's perfect.

The outside pockets seem like they might fit a nalgene bottle with some significant stretching, but I don't know if I wanna force it. Any advice on whether or not the leather will stretch enough for that?

I'll take some pics Friday probably... I'll be too busy stuffing my face tomorrow. :D

Medium tobacco briefcase
IMG00014-20101024-1201.jpg

Also have simple wallet and small gadget pouch for my iPod
Great to see Saddleback on BF!

I've dropped enough hints to my wife on your bags so here's hoping that santa is good to me this year, failing that I have a feeling a few of my blades may get turned into leather ;) Love your stuff, hopefully I'll have a pic to contribute before too long!

I've dropped enough hints to my wife on your bags so here's hoping that santa is good to me this year, failing that I have a feeling a few of my blades may get turned into leather ;) Love your stuff, hopefully I'll have a pic to contribute before too long!

Great...look forward to it!

I have a Dark Coffee Brown large satchel. I don't carry it anymore...actually took it out to take this pic.

Went back to my RUSH 24...just wasn't comfortable "paring down" my daily carry... . it's a really nice bag though.

DCBlargesatchel.jpg

if someone wants it bad...send me a PM...who knows?

Dave, I feel a backpack in my future eventually. :)

Sorry it wasn't for you. Thanks for posting a pic though. If you aren't using it I'd put it up for grabs on our facebook page. Give someone a deal!

Back