So Little Discussions On The David Mosier Crossfire Midtechs.

There seem to be two levels of quality I could find for these knives. A older and cheaper series that was made and now the newer nicer and more expensive version for around $500. Tried the search function and could not find a single discussion on the newer version but pages and pages of them being sold. Do these newer versions have issues?

Are the bearings on these knives protected from wearing into the titanium handles.

Does Mosier have a good reputation with handling warranty issues? Nothing about warranty is even mentioned on his site.

Anyone actually use and put these knives to work in their collection?

There seem to be two levels of quality I could find for these knives. A older and cheaper series that was made and now the newer nicer and more expensive version for around $500. Tried the search function and could not find a single discussion on the newer version but pages and pages of them being sold. Do these newer versions have issues?

Are the bearings on these knives protected from wearing into the titanium handles.

Does Mosier have a good reputation with handling warranty issues? Nothing about warranty is even mentioned on his site.

I think the lack of enthusiasm about these is that by the point they came out, people were pretty soured on the Chad Nichol's produced midtech knives. There was a whole bunch of them that came out around the same time, including some Graham Models, a Kendrick model, and the Mosier in question. I'm probably forgetting others.

Nevertheless, they all followed the same kind of formula; flat titanium slabs with a small amount of milling, CPM-154 blades, flipper on bearings. They were more expensive than the the Chinese high-end production knives available at the time from the likes of Reate, and were less complex/intricate. It's kind of a hard sell at $500.

Seconded. The offerings were simply more of the same. Although the Crossfire has a gorgeous silhouette, they didn't really offer any reason to buy that over, say, an offering from Ferrum Forge who have wayyyy stronger brand recognition and presence.

I doubt you'd be let down, but for your dollars spent, I suspect you wouldn't be vastly excited about the knife either.

All of the 'midtechs' mentioned by Misanthropia above were produced by Chad Nichols machine shop. As mentioned, they were all boring and overpriced, and have taken massive hits on secondary pricing.

All of the 'midtechs' mentioned by Misanthropia above were produced by Chad Nichols machine shop. As mentioned, they were all boring and overpriced, and have taken massive hits on secondary pricing.

Don't care about secondary market, between my watches, multitools, pistols, knives, cameras, man jewelry and whatever else I collect in my hobbies I don't ever sell it. I agree it all looks boring except this one. Was hoping though someone might have some info on my other questions. This forum can be great for photos and seeing new knives but seems to rarely ever get useful info or answers to questions I see asked by people. I guess I will call Knife Center and search the web some more.

Don't care about secondary market, between my watches, multitools, pistols, knives, cameras, man jewelry and whatever else I collect in my hobbies I don't ever sell it. I agree it all looks boring except this one. Was hoping though someone might have some info on my other questions. This forum can be great for photos and seeing new knives but seems to rarely ever get useful info or answers to questions I see asked by people. I guess I will call Knife Center and search the web some more.

Lots of good questions get answered around here, believe me.

Tons and tons of questions get answered here on the forum. RevDevil alone post quality answers multiple times a day around here. Then certain veteran members around here answer multiple questions. Kelema and ajac60(forgive me if their screen names are spelled wrong) come to mind as people who are a wealth of knowledge. SharpEdge also comes to mind. Then there are members who via e mail will blow your mind with knowledge i.e. Amal, techno and Redick123 to name a few.
Use this community to its fullest and you will get the answers you seek.

Lots of good questions get answered around here, believe me.[/

I don't know For me being more of a multi tool person I have been coming here for a decade just recently looking at knives these last few years. And even more recently looking for very specific knives asking a few questions. Will admit when I was looking for a specific knife made from certain materials using a certain kind of locking mechanism I got fantastic answers 7 months ago. But I've learned far more about steels, sharpening, reviews of new products, where to buy, what makes a quality knife better from non forum sources on the internet. Just to many mixed signals with arguments on who is right. Anyways always a wonderful place for photos.

I doubt you'll find any good usage information on that knife or similar models.

It's an odd demographic that buys things like this. As stated above, it's a boring, expensive pocket brick that just doesn't bring much to the table.

Folks that really use and use hard an expensive knife tend to do market research I think and end up with more proven and reputable models. CRK, Hinderer, Shirogorov, Rockstead, Medford, etc.

Likewise, your safe queen collectors I think tend to go for more flamboyant designs with anodizing, mokuti, zirconium, etc.

If it tickles your fancy then by all means buy one and let is know what it's like, but I don't think it's fair to criticize the forum's lack of info on a unit that the majority of people generally aren't interested in.

I doubt you'll find any good usage information on that knife or similar models.

It's an odd demographic that buys things like this. As stated above, it's a boring, expensive pocket brick that just doesn't bring much to the table.

Folks that really use and use hard an expensive knife tend to do market research I think and end up with more proven and reputable models. CRK, Hinderer, Shirogorov, Rockstead, Medford, etc.

Likewise, your safe queen collectors I think tend to go for more flamboyant designs with anodizing, mokuti, zirconium, etc.

If it tickles your fancy then by all means buy one and let is know what it's like, but I don't think it's fair to criticize the forum's lack of info on a unit that the majority of people generally aren't interested in.

Fair enough, my wants in the past have been in the odd demographic so that is why I have better luck off forum for my answers I suppose.

Fair enough, my wants in the past have been in the odd demographic so that is why I have better luck off forum for my answers I suppose.
Perhaps you could create that specific resource.

Maybe get one of these knives you're interested in, write a review and throw a video on YouTube. Then you may be able to request demo knives from the makers and experience them firsthand.

Back