• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOG SCUBA/DEMO (SOLD) and 1980s TIGERSHARK - fresh and minty

Hey everyone. Selling a few more knives to help fund someone's retirement. He's let go a few more SOGs.

Considering the value of the Tigershark, I'd reeeeeally prefer to ship it within Australia only. If I do sell this overseas, I'll only sell it to proven, longer-term BF members. Sorry.

The TIGERSHARK comes in its original box with papers and sheath. It has some discoloration spots on the blade (no rust, see photos), but considering this is a 35 year old chunk of untouched carbon steel, I reckon that's pretty amazing. Maybe they'd polish out easily? It has S. M. Ca. stamped below the SOG logo on the tang. The leather sheath has some minor scuffs and blemishes but nothing serious. Even the box is in great condition. So all up, this is a serious bit of collectible SOG history in near-mint condition. This is rated a 9/10 for rarity on http://www.sogknivescollectors.com. My mate was adamant that this be sold for a minimum of $1000. I'm going to try listing it at $1250AUD/$980US. I don't want to drop the price or list on eBay unless there's been no serious interest for a couple of weeks.

From http://www.sogknivescollectors.com/tigershark-sk5.php -

"The SOG Tigershark (SK-5) was the 5th model that SOG produced. It is one of the first few iconic models that SOG rolled out - which means that it forms the basis of the SOG company history. Just imagine - 9 inches of shiny sharpened SK-5 carbon steel... almost like a mini-sword! This knife is especially hard to come by, and it pops up rarely for sale on the web. This model is the base for the current Tigershark models, like the Tigershark Elite. Many have commented that this SOG knife makes a great camp tool (especially for chopping) and makes very quick work of any wood, largely due to its nice hefty blade that has great weight balance and feel. People who bought this knife certainly did use it well, which explains why it is difficult to find a Mint In Box (MIB) piece."

SOLD The SCUBA/DEMO is just beautiful with those stacked leather handles. It is mint condition, in original box with original papers. Price is $750AUD/$590US. SOLD

Again, from http://www.sogknivescollectors.com/scuba-demo-ssd89.php -

"The SCUBA/Demo knife is a reproduction/replica of one of the rarest Vietnam military knives ever made to date. Of the original batch of 39 knives made, only 1 out of the lot has survived till this day. SOG has revived this knife by producing a copy that is made as close as possible to the original knife, except for a few shape changes. The fact that it is sharpened on both sides makes it illegal to own in some states and countries. It can't really be classified as a 'dagger' because the area forward of the serrations (aka teeth) is not sharpened. So basically it is a normal knife with sawback teeth on the other side, much like a Rambo style knife. This very design is a very unique and purposeful one, and an interesting one at that. Originally designed during the Vietnam War era a diving knife, the SCUBA/Demo has a straight edge to cut, and a serrated edge to saw through thick rope.

Nevertheless for those lucky enough to own it, it is a sight to behold. IMHO leather handles with brass makes this knife a very handsome and classic 'Vietnam era' knife. Another must have in the SOG collection. It is also the only old model that has its model name engraved on the knife - "SCUBA/DEMO" on centre right of the blade."

SOLD I may also have an S-25 Desert Dagger for sale for $590AUD/$470US. Maybe. SOLD

I'll ship these free in Australia. International buyers please contact me for a shipping quote (a minimum $30). Absolutely NO F&F or customs value mis-declarations.

All photos here:

IMG_5729.JPGIMG_5738.JPGIMG_5739.JPGIMG_5749.JPGIMG_5698.JPGIMG_5699.JPGIMG_5702.JPGIMG_5703.JPG

Last edited:
Back