1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

SOLD**A.W. Wadsworth and Son Whittler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by PocketEdge, Mar 3, 2012.

1. PocketEdge

PocketEdge

Dec 23, 2008
    This is a Kastor Bros. NYC knife made in Germany between 1905-1936. A.W. Wadsworth was a stamp used for the American market by Kastor. The tangs on all blades are stamped "A.W. Wadsworth and Son Germany" the reverse reads "XLNT". After some input from the Bernard Levine Knife collecting thread, Scales are suspected to be Red Stag but not confirmed. One thing for sure is they are beautiful!!!
    All three blades have a great snap and a little play. It appears to be never used or used just a little. I suspect has had a good cleaning. I'm not a collector of these oldies and honestly don't know what to look for. I bought it on a whim cause I thought it was so fantastic. Honestly, I don't know the value just that it was worth $125 to me!
    Just pm me with any questions. I would be happy to provide more info.
    Asking SOLD I will consider trades for GEC White Owl or Serp. Jack, or Powderhorn.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. incline

incline

Jul 31, 2010
    Check your PM's, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  3. incline

incline

Jul 31, 2010
    I will take it per PM, Thanks.

4. PocketEdge

PocketEdge