1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

* SOLD * Enigma folder with US2000 steel blade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by Gary W. Graley, Jun 14, 2018 at 9:13 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Just got this in today, and while it is pretty nice, I keep forgetting I like a more pointed blade, I think the fancy steel drew me to it :) and I was surprised that the knife was not very sharp, but, as I like to sharpen it was ok with me as that way I could put a nice sharp edge on there and now, she be razor sharp. The person I got this from had said there were a few very light scratches on the blade, nothing too harsh.

But, speaking of harsh the pull on these folders are pretty stout, I can pinch the blade open and it was a bit rough opening feeling, but that is starting to smooth out and I imagine will become very nice solid pull and snap in place after using it a while.

Everything that they send will be sent along with the knife, a nice slip sheath, excellent wooden presentation box, some microfiber cloth and a little bag of snacks from Poland, I have not opened the snack bag...so dig in!

Price shipped in the USA $old payment by US Postal money order or check if I know you, sorry but I do not have paypal.

The handle scales are stabilized wood, nice and different looking, I do not feel any blade movement when open, very solid back spring on this one.

Some detail from the Enigma site
    • length open: 170mm
    • length closed: 100mm
    • blade: 70mm, satin finish
    • steel: US2000, about 62 HRC, 2mm
    • handle: stabilized wood
    • liners: tytan 0,8mm, grade 5
    • washers: phosphor bronze 0,1mm
    • weight: about 50~60 grams

Here are some images taken tonight;

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Thanks for checking, no trades unless you have a Case Norfolk by chance...
    G2

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018 at 7:39 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.