Some Chris Reeve legacy - One Piece Knife

PICS ADDED, 2017-08-05

Most people, at least most people outside this forum, immediately think "Sebenza" when thinking about Chris Reeve. But the fundament of Chris' reputation as a knife maker/knife manufacturer was established first time with the One Piece Knife range and later increased by the Sebenza.

Although having focussed my collection at Sebenza, I was always thinking that one day I should have at least one OPK, as a piece of Chris Reeve knives history. Well. Meanwhile a little group of 6 OPK is grown. I am very pleased as they are showing a little extract out of the huge variety of blade styles and sizes among the OPK family.

Lets start with a little family pic:

OPK, Group, 03

The "Tanto I" is not only the largest among these, but also the coating is a bit different, more brownish than grey, compared to the others:

OPK, Tanto I, 01

OPK, Tanto I, 02

"Sable IV":

OPK, Sable IV, 01

OPK, Sable IV, 02

The "Project I" is really the outdoor type of blade. Very bulky, probably a good chopper:

OPK, Project I, 01

OPK, Project I, 02

Hard to name a favourite, but it I would have to choose one, then this is my favourite. It is a "Mk IV 28 year commemorative knife", celebrating the production end of the OPK range. Only 250 pcs where made. Also its design to me is the nearest to what I consider a "survival knife" design, a combination of a bushcraft and a fighting knife. But that is just my personal opinion.

OPK, Mk IV, 01

OPK, Mk IV, 02

It carries the "28 Years" sign at the cap and at the leather sheat:

OPK, Mk IV, 03

A little get together of 2 anniversary knives:

OPK, Mk IV, 04

OPK, Mk IV, 05

The "Aviator" is the oldest within this group. Made shortly after CRK moved from South Africa to the States. Its coating/painting is the darkest within this group, being very much black.

OPK, Aviator, 01

OPK, Aviator, 02

The "Mountaineer I" is of similar size as the "Aviator" it is a small but very suitable alround blade.

OPK, Mountaineer I, 01

OPK, Mountaineer I, 02

UPDATE, 2017-08-05:

Got a "Project II", the brother/sister of "Project I". The difference is the blade shape. The "Project I" has a spearpoint blade whereas the "Project II" has a clippoint blade.

OPK, Project II, 01

OPK, Project II, 02

"Project I & II":

OPK, Project II, 03

Stefan

Last edited:
Very nice Stefan!

Very nice collection. I had all 4 of those. I still have 3, but sadly sold the sable awhile back. I started off with the OPK before I found out about the Sebenza. Beautiful pics btw.

Nice group, I love my OPKs!! I didn't know there was a special edition made, nice score!

Great!! Very nice collection, 4 in one shot, congratulations!! In my opinion, the OPK are the best knives that Mr. Reeve has ever created.. They are works of art. It became famous mainly with the OPK. But most people prefer the Sebenza. Welcome to the wonderful family of one piece! My favorite is undoubtedly the MK Anniversary, but I have not yet bought it, I have the Tanto I and it is a big beautiful knife, and probably great for chopping/survival outdoor.. You are a great photographer, anyway..

Excellent pictures Stefan. Congratulations on scoring a little bit of CRK history and four at that!

Passen sicher sehr gut in eine Vitrine ; ).

Each one of these OPKs are a work of art unto themselves. That Tanto looks just plain wicked. I like them all though. Some of those daggers are just gorgeous.

Your photography is outstanding, just saying. :)

Back