Spa treatment

Hi Fellas, im thinking about posting a Chris Reeve knife for sale, its nice but I see on their website they offer a free spa treatment. My question is does that help or hurt the value ?

Hi Fellas, im thinking about posting a Chris Reeve knife for sale, its nice but I see on their website they offer a free spa treatment. My question is does that help or hurt the value ?

Depends on what it is and who is interested. Some may prefer to add their unique carry marks to a spa'd knife and others may prefer to just get it cheaper and don't care if it was spa'd or not.
Personally, I don't think it's worth the shipping back and forth to get a few more dollars on resale. That is eaten up pretty quickly with anything you may gain in sale value and in alot of cases,..it's a loss.

I have always found it to be about break even at best. It gives the knife a clean look and a factory sharpened edge, but is still just refurbished not new, and this should be stated in the ad. You also loose the time involved-which can be 8 weeks before you will be able to do a sale. I wouldn't bother for just a scale re-blast. If there is any real issue that needs to be addressed on the knife, it may make sense.
It can also make sense if there is any ? to the knifes legitimacy -they will provide a re-issued birth card(present date) and box

Last edited:
Thanks ! from what im seeing they don't do anything to the shiny engraved side anyway, the rest is perfect including the blade. Someone untied or started to untie the little lanyard, but I believe there are instructions on how to retie it on the internet

I believe they can re-polish the scale(graphic not an inlay) for $30. I don't know if they can do the colors again or not. There are certainly instructions for tying the lanyard around as well pre tied for sale

I would let the new owner make that choice. Sell it as is, no doubt used condition does not fetch top dollar, but it’s more important to some to have a complete (box, paperwork, cloth) CRK than a few marks.

Post some pics and see what people say.

That’s something you don’t see everyday. Nice.
Looks like a Umfaan, 1997 to 2002, yes they are collectibles, don’t know enough to know what a fair price is for the knife only.

Wowsers! This is a gorgeous Umfaan. Love the Star.

I think it would be best to leave up to the new owner to send in for spa or to use it. Personally if I purchased this I would send it in for spa and even pay for the presentation scale to be redone. This is a graphic I have not seen before.
Really a treat to see this, thank you for sharing. LOVE IT

Very nice. If you don't know the history on it, you might send a photo to CRK and see what they can tell you-or go to Blade. A good story never hurts the sales ad(at least IMO)

You can get 100 feet of 425 paracord that fits sebenzas perfect for the price of one lanyard. When i cant afford a new knife and have the itch (around three times a month) i tie lanyards, sharpen and clean

Ok the majority seems to favor letting the new owner do it if they wish, so its on the big auction site right now as is .Somebody's going to get a special knife for sure !

Back