Spartan v-14 question

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Hermit_Knight, May 2, 2019.

1. Hermit_Knight

Hermit_Knight

Mar 19, 2018
    Hello I got a Spartan v-14 dagger and while it came fairly sharp and possesses a needle tip the spine is not aligned with the tip on one side. I would not really care on a cheaper knife but this was expensive. Am I being to paranoid or is this standard even for high end daggers? Thank you.

[​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/axSaGAl

2. Sid Post

Sid Post

Oct 14, 1998
    Have you contacted Spartan? How was customer service?

3. Hermit_Knight

Hermit_Knight

Mar 19, 2018
    I sent them an email I’ll let you know. I could just be being a perfectionist though cause it’s not off that much.

4. WilliamTheKnifeGuy

WilliamTheKnifeGuy

Sep 24, 2016
    I have spartan difensa and it had a uneven grind out of box so i think whoever is sharpening them is a little sloppy sometimes.

5. Hermit_Knight

Hermit_Knight

Mar 19, 2018
    A
    Ah true that is a shame as my horkos is flawless but yeah I guess for the price I pay for them I expected perfection. I still want a Difensa though.

6. Hermit_Knight

Hermit_Knight

Mar 19, 2018
    Spartan got back to me and offered a full refund or exchange.

jeepin and WValtakis like this.
  7. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    That's good to hear. Great company. Btw, what you pictured would bug me on a knife like that. Let us know the outcome.

Hermit_Knight likes this.
  8. Hermit_Knight

Hermit_Knight

Mar 19, 2018
    Yeah all my other Spartans have been perfect and I know it’s a small thing but it does bug me. It looks like I’m getting it sent from Australia to the USA and back for an exchange so the customer service is really good.

Sid Post and craytab like this.
  9. Sid Post

Sid Post

Oct 14, 1998
    It is good to hear they have taken care of you and your issue. Knowing they stand by their product is also very good for future customers too!

Hermit_Knight likes this.