Spyderco MARINER

ShiveSam

BANNED
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, still trying to figure out how to use this site, hope this posts this time.
I just purchased a used Spyderco folder at a gun show in Spokane, Washington and would like some info on it. MARINER is etched (fairly deep) on the sheepsfoot serrated blade, which is 3.5 inches long and 1/8 inch thick. The stainless steel handle is 4.75 inches long and 5/16 inch thick, which also has a strange 2 inch slit on either side, top of the slit is larger than the bottom of the slit. Over all length of the knife is 8 3/8 inches long and weighs in at 4.6 ounces. Has a stainless steel belt clip, and a lanyard hole.
Can anyone please help with some info? I paid $10.00 for the thing, I figured that was a good price, looks and feels new. Thanks

If it's in good shape, that's a great price. The mariner hasn't been made for a while (I don't know the year it was discontinued) and that tends to drive the price up (on popular models, anywya). Unless it was beat to hell, I'd pay $10 for just about any spyderco.

- Chris

That IS awesome for a retired Spyderco!! And since you said it was in like new shape, even better!