Spyderco Military Stop Pin?

Hey guys, I was taking my Military apart to put in a kirinite backspacer I made and I stripped the screws where the stop pin is at.(That loctite they put in really did its job!) Determined to get it apart, I got the drill out and backed out the screws, destroying the heads and leaving the tips of the screws inside the stop pin.(I messed up big time). So, I've been searching the forums and internet about replacement hardware info, but all I get is info about screws and standoffs, nothing about the stop pin. So, my question is what diameter is the stop pin?

Also, I've seen various heat treated stop pins on usaknifemaker.com, but none of them are threaded! Any recommendations what I should do? Cause I really want my Military back in use!

Spyderco will send them to you if you ask nicely. They are sure to have them too because the military is made in golden. Call them on monday.

Spyderco will send them to you if you ask nicely. They are sure to have them too because the military is made in golden. Call them on monday.

Yeah, I had e-mailed them about it before and the person corresponding with me said that the warranty didn't cover that(probably cause I tried to take it apart) I'll make sure to give them a call tomorrow and ask again though. Thanks

singularity 35, That's cool and helpful loctite tip! They used blue loctite on my military, but I hope it works the same so I can stick it under a heat gun or hairdryer next time, cause that stuff just wasn't letting the screws budge at all.

singularity 35, That's cool and helpful loctite tip! They used blue loctite on my military, but I hope it works the same so I can stick it under a heat gun or hairdryer next time, cause that stuff just wasn't letting the screws budge at all.

Glad to be of help, a soldering iron might work better since a heat gun may damage the scales. Just hold the tip in contact with the screw for a few seconds. :)

A soldering iron touching the screw a few seconds has always worked for me.

Because it's the stop pin and therefore affects lockup, which is a safety issue, Spyderco may ask you to return it to them for repair.

Back