Spyderco Pattada

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by linuxology, Nov 17, 2018.

1. linuxology

linuxology Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2010
    It really is a great knife that was totally underrated.

[​IMG]

2. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    I know ! ! !
    I am super satisfied with mine.
    . . . but . . .
    quietly . . . one voice off in the wilderness is chanting just barely audible above the intermittent howl of the desert wind . . . then another voice then another . . . building and building :
    Sal K390
    Sal K390
    Sal K390

No but seriously; Pattada from Syderco = Good Stuff !

3. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    Have you had yours for a while or brand new ?
    I've had mine long enough to discover I prefer it without the pocket clip (carried in a belt pouch).

It's just an ergos thing for this particular user handle shape (have no problem with the Spyderco wire clip in general).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  4. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Good knife but on the heavy side. Tip is on the fragile side too. Sold mine off. Woulda prolly kept it if the liners were TI to keep the weight down.

NG VI likes this.
  5. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    Agreed. I use mine carefully and carry other knives for tip durability such as this one.
    I was using it at work today.
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...c-blade-titanium.1408694/page-2#post-16248388

That would be awesome. The steel liners are going to last longer though for the lock.
    I'm good with the weight.
    For a pallet cleanser carry a Buck 110 for a couple days. You'll be loving the Pattada for how light and agile it is. ;) :D

Sosa and NG VI like this.
  6. Smaug

Smaug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2003
    These days, for my light use, I kind of like these thin ones. A 3.5-4" bladed knife like this is not so heavy as some of the more "tactical" options that are prevalent these days. Say what you want, but a 4" blade is nice when you want to slice an apple in half with one stroke, or cut the cheeks off a mango without getting the pivot full of junk. No thumb stud to catch either, when using the full length of the blade for those through cuts...

It looks a lot more ergonomic than something like a Boker Kwaiken, for example.

I had just about talked myself into one of these the other day, but I have a humble little Kershaw Chill which is similar in design that is doing the trick for me. (light duty, so the steel doesn't matter as much)

NG VI and Craig James like this.
  7. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Wowbagger,

Thanx for the kind comments. K390 does not appeal to all. Mostly steel Junky's. The Police 4 was a gamble. Add to that the 25% - 30% more for the K390, makes the market smaller. The Pattada, as an "Ethnic model" did not appleal to the "eye" of many.

sal

whp and Smaug like this.
  8. sharkattacksw

sharkattacksw

Aug 4, 2008
    @Sal Glesser , perhaps an upgraded steel such as S35VN, S110V, or DLC M4 in a new Pattada...?

NG VI likes this.
  9. SuckSqueezeBangBlow

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Apr 23, 2017
    Love my Pattada. I still can't see what's wrong with n690co?

10. sharkattacksw

sharkattacksw

Aug 4, 2008
    There's nothing "wrong" with N690, it's very much the same as VG-10. However, there are more preferred steels out there today.

11. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014

or m4, rex45, hap40...

12. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    Hahaha
    Nice to hear from you sir !
    You know me . . . I latch onto something for what little comic effect I can wring from it and don't know when to stop. Thanks for not saying STFU STHU :)

Someone in another thread said they despised lanyard holes because they caused the pocket clip to be moved further down the handle making a knife stick up above the pocket.
    That made me look at the Pattada and it seems like that is an optimal lanyard hole placement because it is pretty much beside the clip and with the deep carry wire clip what more could one ask ? !

NG VI likes this.
  13. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    I too could go for the M4 and the HAP40 would be so cool.

That's easy guys / gals all we have to do now is buy up all the existing Pattadas in N690 (as SSBB said nothing wrong with N690 (I love it to)) . . . then, THEN we can start howling in the wilderness in earnest for them other alloys.

Sure there are Para2 collections . . . some impressive ones . . . time to collect Pattadas, in all the alloys and handle materials . . . tantos for the non surgeons (delicate tip shunners) among us.
    I'LL TELL YOU WHAT !
    Better get your CLASSIC N690 Pattada before they are all gone !

NG VI likes this.
  14. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Wowbagger,

You'll have to howl on the Spyderco site forum, or the Spyderco forum here. I don't get out to general very often. I was working on a smaller version of the Pattada, circa 3"-3-1/2" blade. Might be a good one for a new steel.

sal

15. SuckSqueezeBangBlow

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Apr 23, 2017
    Lil Pattada would be awesome

NG VI likes this.
  16. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    That'll suit the people who want light weight.
    I hope more and more people learn to appreciate the handle shape.
    First time I laid eyes on it I said "that's what I'm looking for".
    er . . . I mean yip yip y e e e e o w L L L L L

NG VI likes this.
  17. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    I am a fan of the Pattada in general (I have a custom Pattada from Sardinia), and a smaller version would be something that would spark some interest for me.

NG VI likes this.
  18. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    It's on the top of my "to buy" list. Just haven't been able to find the right "deal" for one yet but I will in time.

NG VI likes this.
  19. NG VI

NG VI

Feb 10, 2013

Any upgraded steel or components at all. I loved the look of the Pattada, but the overall package seemed like a compelling $100 knife.

sharkattacksw likes this.
  20. SuckSqueezeBangBlow

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Apr 23, 2017
    I love the contoured G10 and the blade shape

NG VI likes this.