Startac or starbenza 25

Buy the one you like more.
What difference does it make which one a bunch of strangers on the internet think you should get?

That said, if you really want opinions - get the Starbenza 25. (Now, if you buy the other one, you will have officially spurned me by disregarding my opinion)

I can't help you much, I bought both because I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Maybe this pic will help you :rolleyes:

Gfa5ZtC.jpg

I like both quite a lot. However if I could only have one it would be a Umnumzaan (not the WC StarTac version) This distinction is around the engraving on the scales...you can have the WC radiating pattern on lots of knives. The CRK Umnumzaan pattern is only on the Umnumzaan

I just got a Large CRK/Wilson Combat Inkosi for my father to give his grandson for Christmas ... it is basically the 25 with a better placed pocket clip and I love the knife ... and opens much easier than the 25 with the newly positioned pocket clip.

I'm sure I will be adding one to my collection soon enough. And I just had a thread about the Umnumzaan and it is already picked out and will be ordered this week after Christmas.

I've tried to like the inkosi I just can't with the pocket clip off to the side. It just looks terrible.

I guess the look of it didn't come into play much because it corrected the minor flaw of the 25 and is so much easier to open ...

now I won't say the 25 is a bad knife at all I own one and it's not a major deal for me to open ... but it is a very noticable difference and many do not like the 25 or the Umnumzaan I'm finding out because of the difficulty in opening ... I don't find it to be terrible by any means so if you prefer the 25 then I would stay with it.

I am just ordering my 1st Umnumzaan this week but for me looks wise I'd go with it still over the 25 or Inkosi ... just personal preference I love the drop point blade on the Umnumzaan ... which is probably your best option to just go with the one that calls to you most.

Last edited:
I just got a Large CRK/Wilson Combat Inkosi for my father to give his grandson for Christmas ... it is basically the 25 with a better placed pocket clip and I love the knife ... and opens much easier than the 25 with the newly positioned pocket clip.

I'm sure I will be adding one to my collection soon enough. And I just had a thread about the Umnumzaan and it is already picked out and will be ordered this week after Christmas.
I guess the look of it didn't come into play much because it corrected the minor flaw of the 25 and is so much easier to open ...

now I won't say the 25 is a bad knife at all I own one and it's not a major deal for me to open ... but it is a very noticable difference and many do not like the 25 or the Umnumzaan I'm finding out because of the difficulty in opening ... I don't find it to be terrible by any means so if you prefer the 25 then I would stay with it.

I am just ordering my 1st Umnumzaan this week but for me looks wise I'd go with it still over the 25 or Inkosi ... just personal preference I love the drop point blade on the Umnumzaan ... which is probably your best option to just go with the one that calls to you most.

I have two large 25s--the StarBenza above and a PlainJane--as well as a large Inkosi natural Micarta. I slightly prefer the Inkosi over the 25s, but it has nothing to do with the clip. I like the floating stop pin on the Inkosi so much better as it gives the pivot true adjustability over the 25's fixed pin. I've had no difficulty opening or closing my 25s with the clip squarely resting on the lock-bar.

OP, the knife that JJ picked out for his nephew--the Wilson Combat Inkosi--is flat-out gorgeous, too, and would be a helluva choice as well. Pics of that one in JJ's thread here.
Personally, I'm holding out for the WC Insingo StarKosi. Just can't get enough of those starburst ti grips!

Of those two I'd go with the 25. On an interesting note; I was just on the said collaborator's web site & the large 21, 25, Inkozi & Star-Tacs are all the same price, so the Star-kozi would be my pick.
IMG_0382-X4.jpg

Back