STOLEN GREEN BENCHMADE ANTHEM

I was shipping a box of 9 knives back to Benchmade through the USPS Priority Mail to be resharpened & a couple of blade replacements. I was informed that they only received 5. So basically somewhere along the way, someone opened the box, took a Tan Adamas, 581 Barrage, a Vector & a custom painted Hulk Green Anthem. The whole body of the Anthem was painted by a friend of mine & the pocket clip is still the original color. I need to upgrade my membership here to post pics, but I wanted to get the word out. If anyone comes across it being auctioned or at a Pawn Shop, I'd appreciate the help.

If possible, maybe I could forward the pics to someone to post on here. Being somewhat new, I don't know how to post pics.

Sorry to hear this, mate. If you open a free Imgur account, you can link the pics directly here using BB code. Hope this turns out to have a happy ending.

uXSz2RE.jpg

hard to believe USPS Priority Mail are thieves :( ... and the silly part (I'm guessing) you didn't pay for full insurance?

USPS insurance costs: (from the website)
$500.01 - 600.00 = $9.35
$600.01 - 5,000.00
(maximum liability is $5,000) $9.35 plus $1.35 per $100.00 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value

so $2000 insurance would have been 14x1.35 = $18.90 + 9.35 == total $28.25

Last edited:
hard to believe USPS Priority Mail are thieves :( ... and the silly part (I'm guessing) you didn't pay for full insurance?

USPS insurance costs: (from the website)
$500.01 - 600.00 = $9.35
$600.01 - 5,000.00
(maximum liability is $5,000) $9.35 plus $1.35 per $100.00 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value

so $2000 insurance would have been 14x1.35 = $18.90 + 9.35 == total $28.25
I wouldn't put too much hope in USPS insurance.

I wouldn't put too much hope in USPS insurance.
I've made a insurance claim through USPS and had no issues. It's was only a few hundred bucks but they paid. Proper documentation of contents and receipt are key to a smooth claim.

I sent 3 packages that day. 1 to Southern Grind Knives, 1 to Spyderco & the last to Benchmade. I have never had a problem before shipping Priority Mail & did not purchase the additional insurance. Southern Grind & Spyderco were fine, no issues. It's just odd because I had 5 other knives in the box & those were not touched. I filed a claim, but basically, Priority Mail only comes with $50 insurance. Live & learn, yeah, the hard way.

I'd talk to your local postmaster as well, I'm pretty sure the package gets weighed at every scan point, so it should show the weight when the Post office received it and the weight of the box throughout the journey. Not sure if it will show in your tracking or if they would have to take a look at the more detailed version on their end.

And shipping things off when the receiver has "knives" or "knife" in their name?! It screams "Hey hey! Steal me, I'm expensive!" :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I was thinking the same thing about the weight, but I'll have to see what the Post Office says. It's just a shame. The address label said BKC, nothing about knives so idk. It just stinks that it happened. The only positive thing is the uniqueness of my Green Anthem, so maybe it'll turn up.

I was shipping a box of 9 knives back to Benchmade through the USPS Priority Mail to be resharpened & a couple of blade replacements. I was informed that they only received 5. So basically somewhere along the way, someone opened the box, took a Tan Adamas, 581 Barrage, a Vector & a custom painted Hulk Green Anthem. The whole body of the Anthem was painted by a friend of mine & the pocket clip is still the original color. I need to upgrade my membership here to post pics, but I wanted to get the word out. If anyone comes across it being auctioned or at a Pawn Shop, I'd appreciate the help.
So sorry, man. I’ll keep my eyes out. A**holes like that need to be locked up.

Back