Stop posting pictures here

This goes for everyone, particularly BeKnives. This is a shop talk forum, not show and tell. Every time I think I make a decent knife, one of you know-it-alls posts a picture and I have to lock myself in the bathroom and cry for a half hour. Knock it off! "Oohh..Look at this! Just a bit of ostrich bone and Damascus steel I had lying around...nothing special, of course.." Makes a guy feel really bad baout himself. If I could launch my own knives into outer space right about now I think I would. Please read tongue-in-cheek, of course.

------------------
Dr. Steve Agocs
http://www.geocities.com/Chiro75/frames.html

agocs_s@hotmail.com

biggrin.gif

Funny, but true. Sometimes the hands go in the air and I hide under the covers for two days.

------------------
R.W.Clark

Proud Member : California Knifemakers Association

You two think you feel bad. I work all day on one and come strutting back into the house doing the "I'm So Good Walk". I get on the computer and see one of Bruces or one of yours R.W. or any one of a dozen other makers here and I crawl back to the shop and chuck it in the ...to be given away box. When you are number 2 you have to try harder. When you are number 5,398, you cry yourself to sleep.

[This message has been edited by peter nap (edited 06-24-2001).]

The problem with reading the posts and looking at the pictures in ST, for me, is that I start developing illusions of possible grandeur. J.D. Smith gives a forging class at UMASS College of Art. I am thinking of signing up...
smile.gif
Of course, I could very well just end with lumps of steel and the end of the course and cry myself to sleep with no further illusions except to collect one representative knife from each of the fine makers here. When I become a millionaire.

sing
AKTI #A000356

Hey Tom
I've got a 4 year old Timex Expedition with a brand new band and 3 of the 4 buttons are still functioning. The fact that it still works shows you what a great watch it is.Think we can strike a deal ? I'll throw in my old red ryder lever action with it
biggrin.gif

------------------
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer... but I've got the sharpest knife in the room.

Culprit,? Who, me. No Not Me.

i-1_B.JPG

biggrin.gif

I you keep up these kind words I will have to raise my prices.
wink.gif

------------------
R.W.Clark

Proud Member : California Knifemakers Association

Heck Guys I look at all your knives and cry myself.I wish I would have been doing the work allot of you guys that call yourself newbies do.
I didn't have something like this when I started and boy can I show you guys some real ruff stuff.
I still feel that I am a newbie and I get excited when I finish something new and I just want to show it off myself and then you guys go and post pictures of yours and I want to cry.In my eyes I haven't seen a knife posted here that looked any worse than one of mine,in fact they look better!!!!
I just help out with stuff that I have been showed so others can do the same thing.If we don't share the knowledge with each other then one day the art of Knifemaking will be lost to everybody.
I miself would like to see others post more pictures of closeups of there blades that way we can see the detail and the love that was put into the knife when it was constructed.
There is no such thing as a bad knife just different ideas of how it should look or be finished.I have nothing but "RESPECT" for anyone that will pick up a piece of steel and make a knife no matter what it looks like to others as I know that it is perfect in that persons eyes.We all have to grow as we make are knives and some of us will start making different types kinds and styles of knives and that is what makes the world of knifemaking so much fun.....
I know let's all get together and make a knife or two and tell some jokes and show off our latest creations to each other so we can learn from each other...Oh Yea that IS what we are doing here
biggrin.gif

May your Dreams be filled with visions of shiny steel and may the smell of the forge fires put your mind to rest and may the sounds of the anvils ringing lul you to sleep at night.And as the sun is rising in the morning and you catch those first rays through the forge fires,may you all be blessed with another excellent day of doing something you LOVE,and when that first hammer blow hits the hot steel may you all thank the lord that he let you live another day.......
Bruce

Ain't it funny how we all relax by working harder and getting more flusterated than we do at our real Jobs....

Sorry for being long winded here.

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

May your Dreams be filled with visions of shiny steel and may the smell of the forge fires put your mind to rest and may the sounds of the anvils ringing lul you to sleep at night.And as the sun is rising in the morning and you catch those first rays through the forge fires,may you all be blessed with another excellent day of doing something you LOVE,and when that first hammer blow hits the hot steel may you all thank the lord that he let you live another day.......
Bruce

Only someone who REALLY loves what he's doing could come up with thought like that.Keep at it

[/B]</font>

I need a good Swiss Army Pocket Watch! Cept Ill just buy one. Well as long as we are posting pics.......

View

Rob and RW- Dont be putting those knives in the way of the pictures of those cool guns!!
frown.gif

"Ain't it funny how we all relax by working harder and getting more flusterated than we do at our real Jobs...."

Huh?
confused.gif

Knifemaking is my real job!
biggrin.gif

Oops.... almost forgot!

pic7.jpg

(Obligitory photo!
tongue.gif
)

.... and if you want to know how to make one of these, just ask!
wink.gif

------------------
Tom Anderson
Hand Crafted Knives

www.andersoncustomknives.com

[This message has been edited by Tom Anderson (edited 06-26-2001).]

Wish I was smart enough to post a pic
frown.gif

Maybe I'll ask BillyJoeBobDan to do it for me....
The way I see it, pictures of knives are fine, it's what we do. Trying to sell a knife to another knifemaker is dumber than dirt, so why try. Get my drift? Put the for sale pics on the for sale forums. We just like looking at knives you guys make
smile.gif

Back