Such a thing as a Flipper Civillian ?

None that I've ever seen. That double recurve blade shape as really only been done on the civi, matriarch, and cricket. Probably would be hard to get a manual flipper with that shape, since there is so little forward weight on the blade to help with momentum.

That sucks- A civvy is my daily carry but I really wish it had a flipper as I have difficulty using my thumb

I think that would be one sweet knife I have a civ and love it
A fliper would be ( well you know what I mean f*****g fantastic )

Yeah, it would really be a woot knife. Id love it if they made the blade a bit thicker though..

Yes but it's a badass knife, my none blade loveing buds
Find it unsettling I like that

I think the closest you can get is with the ZT0750, but that's a regular hawkbill with no recurve or serrations. Though I'm sure for the intended use it would do just fine. Outside of asking a custom maker to make such a knife for you(which can easily get up into the $500 range), I would suggest asking Charlie Mike on the forums to make a wave mod on the Civilian, no thumbs needed:thumbup:!

The main reason I like flippers is the finger security you get from them. But for me nothing is as convenient as a waved folder

Gotta say though, for what a person intends to use the Civilian for, $170+ is quite a bit of money for something that isn't supposed to be used for utility.

The part I've always found amusing is the "thin tip, not meant for utility use" is twice as thick as the blades on my Schrade 8OT Stockman that were meant for utility work.

I think the closest you can get is with the ZT0750, but that's a regular hawkbill with no recurve or serrations. Though I'm sure for the intended use it would do just fine. Outside of asking a custom maker to make such a knife for you(which can easily get up into the $500 range), I would suggest asking Charlie Mike on the forums to make a wave mod on the Civilian, no thumbs needed:thumbup:!

Do you know what makers might be capable of such a knife? I wouldnt mind paying if it was of decent quality

Back