1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 7 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways will be livestreamed @ 5pm Eastern, Sunday Feb 17!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Laconico Gemini, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Tanto tip

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by BellaBlades, Feb 11, 2019 at 5:40 PM.

1. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    I cannot find any photos of the 21 Tanto tip vs standard tip. Can somebody show some pics of the 21 Tanto and maybe the Inkosi Tanto as well?

What is your opinion if you carry one.

Thank you.

2. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    There are some of both models listed in the exchange Pg. 1 at the moment

3. Wavicle

Wavicle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2014
    How about this?

[​IMG]

I do carry one at times and it’s a small plain titanium with dual silver lugs. An excellent grind that’s a little tougher than the other two. The Inkosi version is even beefier but that straight edge is really useful on either.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 6:55 PM
    Brian_T likes this.
  4. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    @BellaBlades , what's got your curiosity up about the tanto Sebenza ????

5. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    @AJack ,@Wavicle , @Peter Hartwig .

Thank you for the help.

I suppose the reason why I ask is ;

-I keep looking at my 21 loving the grind wishing the tip was thicker.

-Anytime I use ANY knife it's the two inches of blade toward the tip that get used the most.

I have always had a thing against the wharncliffe blade and I enjoy the drop point for use on things like food slicing occasionally . But toughness is #1.

I'm thinking about sending my WC 21 in for a Tanto blade or trading it for a Double Lug Tanto of some sort.

There you go. Having a moment on perfecting my search for owning only one CRK.

My WC 21 is there. But I'm torn when I think about a thicker tip. Then some will say use the correct tool for the job :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:52 PM
  6. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Chances are you won't like the tanto. I've got a small tanto I'll send you if you want to try one out. It's the only tanto I've got that's right handed. No need to spend the extra money not really knowing.
    Shoot me a PM with your mailing address.

7. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    That is awesome of you. I might just consider. It may be that I am over thinking it. Let's be real. I've never snapped a tip in my life and the drop point is so versital and the hollow grind gets even " more slicey" as you sharpen it.

I've known you for a while and I'm sure your spot on with how I would feel once obtaining a Tanto.

8. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    This isn’t quite what you’re looking for, but It’s what I’ve got at the moment.
    If I get home early enough to have good ligting, I’ll try to post a side-by-side spine pic.
    Of course they’re smalls, but maybe it will help.

[​IMG]

I really like the small tanto for EDC.

BellaBlades and Lady1911 like this.
  9. Wavicle

Wavicle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Okay, I got the Canon out and a 100mm macro lens. Tanto is left, Drop Point on Right. These are small Sebenza's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking almost straight on at the end of the blade with an f/22 aperture (and a manual focus challenge)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 7:45 PM
    gastonian, Brian_T, Llasi and 6 others like this.
  10. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Like two war ships.

kniferbro, Brian_T and BellaBlades like this.
  11. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    Amazing photos. Thanks a million .