Tenbeers, Where Are You?

:):):):):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the immortal words of George Costanza.....
I think it moved!

I'm anxious to see the price and specs on this one.
It kinda explains the gray coated original version not being produced if this one was in the works.
I wouldn't mind seeing the primary blade thickness a little less than 1\4".
Should be very nice!

DROP FORGED 9.5" BOWIE | Cold Steel Knives

This addition to our Drop Forged line of knives has total length of 14 inches and features a 9 ½ inch blade, it shares many of the same attributes of the other knives in the series, including the same robust construction, being forged as a single piece of steel, giving it a startling amount of strength. But, unlike the other Drop Forged knives, it has distinctive faux stag slabs incorporated into the handle. The blade is flat ground to a moderately thin edge and is then honed to razor sharpness. The point of the blade is acute enough to offer deep penetration, and the balance point is just in front of the guard making it lively in the hand and only slightly blade heavy. Like the other knives in the Drop Forged Series, it comes with a military grade, Secure-Ex™ sheath that includes a detachable Cordura belt loop.

I would've preferred the handle to be a little longer with that blade length.
The weight shown at 9.5 oz must be a misprint unless they've radically changed the blade stock thickness.
The smaller original version was slightly over 11oz.
I'm sure I'll get it when it's released regardless.

I would've preferred the handle to be a little longer with that blade length.
The weight shown at 9.5 oz must be a misprint unless they've radically changed the blade stock thickness.
The smaller original version was slightly over 11oz.
I'm sure I'll get it when it's released regardless.
I will definitely get one too. And if I like it as much as I think I will, then another one or two in case they stop making them for some reason like they did with the original model.
I think you were the only other person looking forward to the release of the dark grey original as much as I was. It was and still is my personal favorite of all the Drop Forged knives to date. But I'm hoping that this larger Bowie version will be even better!

The original DF Bowie and Push Dagger were my favorites of the line.
I wish they'd started out with the darker coating.
I never understood the gold color choice unless it was to simply set the line apart from the trove of black coated knives.
The DF line was and is a fantastic concept. Obviously there have been one piece designs for years but never to my knowledge a full group like this one.
I hope it continues to grow and remain a viable series.
I'm still hoping for something in the SRK size range.
I'm glad someone else here appreciated the Bowie. There may be others in our club but they haven't been vocal enough about it.;)

The Push Dagger is another excellent design. I have several in both finishes as you never know when something may suddenly be discontinued. Actually I have multiples of all the Drop Forged knives except for the Wasp. It's the only one that I haven't purchased yet. A larger verion of the Boot Knife would be more to my liking, with a 7" to 8" blade and proportionately larger handle.

Additional Drop Forged models that I would like to see them make in the future would include the following:
SRK
Recon Tanto or Magnum Tanto with skull crushing pommel
OSS (imagine that sub hilt made of solid steel)
Marauder
Taipan (or XL Boot Knife)
Laredo
Natchez
Khukri

The Push Dagger is another excellent design. I have several in both finishes as you never know when something may suddenly be discontinued. Actually I have multiples of all the Drop Forged knives except for the Wasp. It's the only one that I haven't purchased yet. A larger verion of the Boot Knife would be more to my liking, with a 7" to 8" blade and proportionately larger handle.

Additional Drop Forged models that I would like to see them make in the future would include the following:
SRK
Recon Tanto or Magnum Tanto with skull crushing pommel
OSS (imagine that sub hilt made of solid steel)
Marauder
Taipan (or XL Boot Knife)
Laredo
Natchez
Khukri

The amount of multiples I've purchased of this line borders on ridiculous.

I have the Wasp but I like your suggestion on a larger version of the boot knife.
That would be a vicious bastard!
Some of your other ideas would probably work well.
Some of them would be pretty heavy but when has that ever stopped me?:)

Remember the handles will be flat with troughs in the center, so not much heavier. I think as long as they are adding inserts or scales to the handles why not try one with a piece of checkered kraton rubber? It would cushion the handle while adding superior grip.

The DF Survivalist, version 1 or version 2, is one of cold steel's all-time best bang for your buck large fix blade knives that they have ever produced - and version 1 is wickedly sharp as any CS knife out of the box I have ever come across.

The DF Survivalist, version 1 or version 2, is one of cold steel's all-time best bang for your buck large fix blade knives that they have ever produced - and version 1 is wickedly sharp as any CS knife out of the box I have ever come across.

Same experience with me.
In fact the DF line has been the sharpest out of the box CS models I've encountered since the original models from the 80's.
Some of the edges have been scary sharp. Especially after being stropped on leather.
If not for the grip tape I use they would be too sharp to risk the grip change manipulations I practice.
Some of the later versions haven't been quite as sharp but still easily able to shave hair.

Agreed. I was amazed at the edge on my gen1 boot knife...my gen2 Survivalist wasn't quite as sharp, but still not bad.

That monster bowie should be around 100-110 street price.And for 75.00 df survivalist is a steal. I posted pics of a 35ft tree i cut down w one about 5-6" in diameter with not too much effort either.

Last edited:
I'm anxious to see the price and specs on this one.
It kinda explains the gray coated original version not being produced if this one was in the works.
I wouldn't mind seeing the primary blade thickness a little less than 1\4".
Should be very nice!
Specifications

• Item Number: 36MK
  • Name: 9.5" Drop Forged Bowie
  • Weight: 14.5 oz.
  • Blade Length: 9.50"
  • Blade Thickness: 5.0 mm
  • Handle: 4.625" Long Faux Stag
  • Overall: 14.125"
  • Steel: 52100 High Carbon Steel
  • Sheath: Secure-Ex
  • Made in Taiwan