Thanks for the aching thumb....

Hi...lurking for a while...finally had something marginally interesting to say...

Well...thank you all soooooo much. I've collected Spydercos for a long time...and I have way too many of them...but I've been reading all of the glowing accolades you have all posted re: the Sebenza. Sure, I'd read articles about CR before...but they were nothing compared to the effusive praise heaped on the man, the company and the Sebenza by members of this forum...

I had to see for myself. So...I e-mailed CRK last week to see if there was a distributor in my area...wanted to go hold one in my hand...don't ya know. Got a return e-mail the next day...yes there was a distributor in my area. Called the distributor...guess what...they were going to be at a gun & knife show the next weekend...close to my house.

OK...so...I go to the show last Saturday...and...I'm not kidding...it's love at first touch. My God...what a knife. I must have held the large and small plain Sebenzas for over 30 minutes...and I finally decided on the small...there goes the budget.

I took it home...and spent a sleepless night...tossing and turning. Sunday morning...I'm back at the show...and I bought the large one as well. $$$$$$$ Couldn't live without it either...the small one just seemed so lonely without its larger friend.

Now it's Monday...and I'm a lot poorer...and my right thumb is aching. (I must have opened them both over one-hundred times each yesterday...I can't put them down.) Nevertheless...thanks for helping me take the plunge. Even though I have no more money...and my thumb is in need of medical attention...I'm grateful to you all...and to CRK...

Welcome to the addiction!
biggrin.gif

I bought my first one from Knifeart a month ago....have just bought a small one...and have ordered a custom small classic from CRK.....my credit card is maxed-out but I'm happy as ....a lottery winner....mmmh if only I could win I could afford more sebenzas!!!!
Congratulations
smile.gif
smile.gif

Welcome, I did the same thing. I bought the small and two days later bought the large.

Even though I have large hands, I like the small better than the large.

I have a plain Umfaan on order for the Zulu Trio and a small wood inlay on order.

Next will be a small decorated.
smile.gif

------------------
RICK - Left Handers Unite

Welcome to the real world, almost like the Matrix?

I've the Zulu Trio myself, also had the old style Large and Small but those have gone to other homes.

Speaking of thumbs, when Kershaw came out with the the Ken Onion Random Task, the thumb stud was at a rakish angle and the serrations literally shaved skin off my thumb and the older or first editions were very tough to open, well I complained about it on the forums, the thumb part, and a fellow said I needed to build up my Onion Skin....funny guys around here!

But I know what you mean, I've thought about selling the Large but when I get her out it's just doesn't seem right to let her go. I've handled other large Sebenzas and the one I have right now opens the smoothest of any! Very happy with these knives.

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Originally posted by Gary W. Graley:
Very happy with these knives.

G2

Me too!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Hoodoo

The low, hoarse purr of the whirling stone—the light-press’d blade,
Diffusing, dropping, sideways-darting, in tiny showers of gold,
Sparkles from the wheel.

Walt Whitman