1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

That flat dark earth feeling

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by wickettedge, Aug 30, 2019.

CRK FDE Inkosi...

1. So hot right now

4.7%
  2. Meh

95.3%
  1. wickettedge

wickettedge Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Wow, CRK is making an FDE inkosi exclusively for KnifeCenter.

Insta buy?
    Love it?
    Hate it?
    [​IMG]

2. cashville

cashville Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Anyone have user CRKs with the KG Gun Kote? How does it hold up/wear?

wickettedge likes this.
  3. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    As a card carrying member of the Flat Dark Earth Society, I approve of this.

BellaBlades, wickettedge and danbot like this.
  4. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I love CRK, but these look gimmicky. Their G11 special are FDE Zaans with satin and boomerang blades. Much better looking imo.

5. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Like every other CRK(apart from the Mnandi), meh. Although this is even more meh.

6. wickettedge

Mar 31, 2018
    This flat dark earth is calling to me. But so is that new Seb 31 with micarta inlays...

How often does CRK release coated blades? For the CRK OGs, what have they done in the past?

7. Kaibab270

Kaibab270 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2019
    I'm kind of in the middle. I do like FDE type browns but on a sebenza I like the plain blasted titanium/washed s35vn. I guess I'll have to pass on this one.

8. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Meh. But don’t let me jam your jelly. Like it? Buy it.

wickettedge likes this.
  9. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Tacticool CRKs? Hard pass. I'm not a big CRK fan to begin with, but I much prefer the understated elegance of the titanium and steel to...this.

If you dig it, though, you do you.

10. Korean Hog

Korean Hog Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    I sort of liked it for a second because I normally really dig the flat dark earth coating color, but after watching the knife center video I hate it.
    The coating kind of cheapens the look of something that I normally think of as classy.

I'd be interested to see it in black, but I feel like when the coating wears it's really going to cheapen the over all look of the knife where as normally the marks, scratches, and patina CRKs get with age almost makes them look better, I think the coating will have the opposite effect of making them look worse over time.

wickettedge likes this.
  11. wickettedge

Mar 31, 2018
    I feel like if the handle was normal and just the blade was coated then that would be pretty good looking. Sorta like the REC para3.

12. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Not my cup of tea.

13. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    I pass on painted knives....

14. ColoradoHoldout

ColoradoHoldout

Jul 18, 2019
    When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was some weird, esoteric cult thing. Then I saw it was about the CRK knives and then I knew for sure it was cult thing. CRK fanboys are weird man...

BigKurtHaze likes this.
  15. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Not digging a coated CRK. But, if this appeals to you, go for it. I’m kinda holding out for what my first configuration of a 31 will be.

But, as we all know, us “CRK fanboys” are weird, man.

It’s true. I read it on the internets.

Ajack60 likes this.
  16. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Its not a flattering photo. Perhaps it looks better in person.

17. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    image.jpg
    I'll try her out, will pair great with this.

wickettedge and BellaBlades like this.
  18. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Nope. My next CRK will be a plain Ti 31. Period. Ordered and awaiting the call. But there is one CRK exclusive I will most definitely buy when it drops - the CF inlayed 31. I am passing on the micarta cuz I know that CF one will land someday. Now THAT is an exclusive I can vote yes on.

19. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Maybe the pic doesn't do it justice but the color looks light for FDE.

Thankfully, it's about $400 over my price range for a knife. More CRKs for the rest of you. :D

wickettedge likes this.