Leather The “What’s going on in the S&F shop” thread!

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
At the formal request of David and with the “help” of a few “likes,” I have decided to start this thread. I’ll try my best to keep it updated and current.
As I have a fulltime day job, I can’t post everyday. :( I have enjoyed the journey so far, and for all of you who follow my sub, a very sincere and heartfelt thank you. If it wasn’t for you folks, I may not still be doing this. :)

I’m still feeling rough-ish (but better than the last 9 days) so what better time to make some templates for a few sheath ideas. My hands are still a little shakey, so I think I will stay away from the leather knives for a few more days.

My “what should I do next” thread was a failure, 🤣😂🤣😂, hopefully this one will be the opposite. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Again, to all you folks following Sharp & Fiery Leathercraft…Thank you. It is very uplifting. Thank you for taking this journey with me.

I have a really cool project that I am extremely excited about that needs to be kept under wraps for now, but when I can reveal it, I will! :)

This thread can be used for chit-chat and whatever else you folks feel up for. I will also post random WIP photos and thoughts and news.

Enjoy the ride! And keep ‘em sharp!

Coleman

Last edited:
I will always stress that if you are beginning an adventure in leatherwork, always take advantage of templates. Take the time to think them through. Make templates for every little part of the leather project. Whether it’s an inlay/onlay, stitching widths or basic shape, the template will save you a lot of frustration.

For instance, this sheath made for JJ. Smith’s harpoon bladed knife had 3 templates…they aren’t pretty, but cut in a way that I could make everything match up. :)

FAEB3600-2C4B-494E-8B8F-A516F1BB0E76.jpeg059CE2C9-12C4-441F-BC61-9FAD93AE6E8F.jpeg

Last edited:
At the formal request of David and with the “help” of a few “likes,” I have decided to start this thread. I’ll try my best to keep it updated and current.
As I have a fulltime day job, I can’t post everyday. :( I have enjoyed the journey so far, and for all of you who follow my sub, a very sincere and heartfelt thank you. If it wasn’t for you folks, I may not still be doing this. :)

I’m still feeling rough-ish (but better than the last 9 days) so what better time to make some templates for a few sheath ideas. My hands are still a little shakey, so I think I will stay away from the leather knives for a few more days.

My “what should I do next” thread was a failure, 🤣😂🤣😂, hopefully this one will be the opposite. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Again, to all you folks following Sharp & Fiery Leathercraft…Thank you. It is very uplifting. Thank you for taking this journey with me.

I have a really cool project that I am extremely excited about that needs to be kept under wraps for now, but when I can reveal it, I will! :)

This thread can be used for chit-chat and whatever else you folks feel up for. I will also post random WIP photos and thoughts and news.

Enjoy the ride! And keep ‘em sharp!

Coleman

I’m looking forward to what is time come here, Coleman. I really enjoyed your WIP thread and will be the first to admit that my lack of creativity didn’t help your “what should I do next” thread.

I’m looking forward to what is time come here, Coleman. I really enjoyed your WIP thread and will be the first to admit that my lack of creativity didn’t help your “what should I do next” thread.

Hey Jeremy!

Just you being here is great! Thank you.

I guess I was maybe just looking for idea’s for what knives to make sheaths for. Glad you popped in here. I know you have been dabbling in the leatherwork…show off some of your stuff!!

😎

Last edited:
Added lights and some storage today to my leather working space…
E4A44BA2-BFA1-4E14-8C3E-D50D5E781035.jpeg

Starting on a design for a clip sheath for the CPK FK2 yesterday…gonna get all my templates cut this morning…
50502116-278B-48C9-BF6F-82F0A53D23A7.jpeg

The plan is a welt and double stitched with a Discreet Carry clip…hope I didn’t jinx myself. Haha.

Also currently awaiting a shipment of a 2” oblong punch and I’ve decided to try out some new threads that are available in vibrant colors. Anxiously awaiting their delivery. :)

Added lights and some storage today to my leather working space…
View attachment 1930219

Starting on a design for a clip sheath for the CPK FK2 yesterday…gonna get all my templates cut this morning…
View attachment 1930221

The plan is a welt and double stitched with a Discreet Carry clip…hope I didn’t jinx myself. Haha.

Also currently awaiting a shipment of a 2” oblong punch and I’ve decided to try out some new threads that are available in vibrant colors. Anxiously awaiting their delivery. :)
That’s a great setup you’ve got there Coleman! Very nice. 👍🏻

Back