1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Lone_Wolfe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_8097.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on my first CRK, a small 21 so im pretty excited! Definitely the most ive spent on a knife to date but i think i scored a pretty good deal off the exchange at 125 less than a new one. Suppossed to be in excellent condition with Macassar ebony inlays with polished blade and scales and includes all the original swag minus the lanyard and lanyard pin. Not sure how the pin is held in and if I should try and obtain one from CRK or not as I don't plan on running a lanyard but I do like the pop of gold color that matches the thumb stud. Is this 21 going to ruin all my other knives for me? Will I never be able to look at one of my Benchmades or Spydercos the same again lol? Anyway should be here next week sometime!

Lady1911, Ajack60 and Dcdavis like this.
  2. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    ^^^Congratulations @Edgeoflife . At first my CRKs didn’t ruin me on all my other knives. At first I was reluctant to use them. Once I started carrying, hard using and working with them they became the only knife i carry and purchase. Being able to buy left handed models made a big difference for me as well. Not gonna say they’re the best knives in the world for everyone but they are for me. Now I have no reluctancy to take and use a CRK for almost any task. They can take a beating. I do prefer large but I do own one small and one Mnandi. If the bug hits you you’ll end up owning a variety as well. Congrats again

Lady1911, Ajack60 and Edgeoflife like this.
  3. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Congratulations on your first CRK !!!!!!! Nice score:)
    You absolutely got a good deal on it and the grain of the wood is outstanding. You can purchase a lanyard pin only, at CRK's web page. The pin has a shoulder between the slabs that hold it in place. You won't have to worry about it falling out. Don't know how much it will rattle with the pin only. I've read where folks have left a nub of lanyard material to keep it from rattling.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Lady1911, Edgeoflife and Dcdavis like this.
  4. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    Thank you that is the info i was hoping to find out if the pin would stay put w/o a lanyard. If it does rattle I could just put a dab of grease in there. did that on one of my cs recon ones rattly stop pin and that fixed it. The birth date is Jan 31, 2017 if that matters and thanks for the kind words. Im excited to get my first Sebenza!

EDIT: just ordered the shouldered gold lanyard pin and an extra microfiber cloth 13 bucks shipped from the CRK web store. Unbelievable! :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Dcdavis likes this.
  5. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    @dc50 posted this knife in another thread. I drooled over it several times, that revived the desire to have one even though I didn't expect to find one since it's an older CCG. So, I went hunting and was able to snag one. Now, this one is mine. I can live with it being a righty, a trip back to CRK for double lugs will make it left handed friendly ;).

[​IMG]

6. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    Wow that's a real stunner! Nice addition!

Ajack60 likes this.
  7. Dcdavis

Oct 13, 2018
    Congratulations. Pretty slick looking

Ajack60 likes this.
  8. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Nice score!
    I saw this one on the exchange and was sorely tempted by it.
    It has great character!
    If I hadn’t already WAY overspent this month, you would still be waiting on your first Sebenza. ;)

Edgeoflife likes this.
  9. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    Haha I know right. I thought it was a pretty good deal so was kinda expecting it to become unavailable while I was pondering over it but was still there after much internal debating so I went for it and glad I did! I spent the afternoon looking at the CRK subforums yesterday. Im Trying not to overhype myself but really wanting it in my hands now after looking at all the pics etc. gonna be a long few days awaiting arrival but I have the tracking and it's in motion!

4mer_FMF likes this.
  10. Dcdavis

Oct 13, 2018
    C5A966C6-A2C6-4A42-8B56-28F97BA98274.jpeg The last Sebenza I purchased off the exchange had this come with it. They had put some o-rings around the pin. Gave me another pin with a lanyard and bead also. Just giving you another option of what I’ve seen with a pin and no lanyard

Talus and Edgeoflife like this.
  11. Dcdavis

Oct 13, 2018
    63AED8D1-FF80-45C6-88B3-350EB83F9531.jpeg Not sure if this qualifies as an inbound but this just arrived at the house today. Purchased a couple months back and when I received it it made a trip to Idaho the next day and was never pocketed. Now it’s back home to me for good.

ForestRoamer, Talus and Ajack60 like this.
  12. Talus

Talus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Scored this little fella on the exchange today.

Umfaaan.jpg

13. Dcdavis

Oct 13, 2018
    18ABE80C-6D0E-428F-924F-0FA51CE178A9.jpeg Felt like I needed a tanto Inkosi in the mix as well to match my 21. First black micarta Inkosi for me

Ajack60, Talus and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  14. Talus

Jun 11, 2012
    Congrats! I've got another one in transit as well. I think that's it for me for the year.

D3C6636B-63A1-4D8B-A7A1-85E05A94265F.jpeg

Ajack60 and Lady1911 like this.
  15. Dcdavis

Oct 13, 2018
    Congrats to you as well. The Umfaan? You sure your done? I’ve felt like I’ve heard that before haha.

16. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I kept trying to resist, but 8 or 9 people kept tagging or showing me this one.....

UG_Hibisicus-Inbound1.jpg

17. Talus

Jun 11, 2012
    Thanks! I'm excited to have a Damascus blade after having sold my one and only back in 2013. The Umfaan was completely unexpected. One of those "strike while the iron is hot" situations as they're rare enough to justify and will retain its value.

This Mnandi was, or is, the last purchase for the year unless one of the two knives in my signature show up at a reasonable price.

Dcdavis likes this.
  18. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA! That’s a really good one!

Talus, Lone_Wolfe and Dcdavis like this.
  19. Dcdavis

Oct 13, 2018
    I’ve got a Damascus 31 on order. It’ll be my first Damascus and I’m sure it’ll be almost a year before it arrives. I’ve got one more I’ll be looking for this year and it may be next year before it’s available. Planning on being done this year but never say never

Talus likes this.
  20. Talus

Jun 11, 2012
    Sweet. What pattern you go with?

I’m fully aware of my folly. Hahaha