The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want multiples of this knife ...

now.

...okay, so that didn't work...how about...

NOW?!?!?!?

Is anybody with me on this?

(Now, Mikey :D)

AMEN!

I've asked a time or 2, where is the Promised Eight?

Let's get together a mob with torches & pitchforks, rampage thru the castle til we get some!

I would like to have see B 8 have wide like FSH . .20 -.22 . I am for thin one. I am traveller. Jerry , bring it, please.

I would prefer a 3 inch choil... just to be contrarian.

You never know when you may have to choke up! A lot!!! :D

... :p

small choil and .100 " thick a new NICK :)

This will be my last post on this thread, Most importantly to bring it back up top and keep the pressure on, and second to BEG/PLEAD/GROVEL for a thicker option... I have a particular stump in the forest that I harvest fatwood from and although I can use my .25" B10, my DOGFATHER at .275 is WAAAAY better/comforting at prying the strips off the tall stump. That's the niche it will fill. THE ultimate indestructible mid length basic woods combat survival camp knife.

As to the weight concerns, my full height grind B10's at .25 are Super light as if they were infused with helium, so I think cutting 2 inches off the length and adding it to the thickness would allow it to balance very similar to the B10 while giving a fuller grip to the handle. I guarantee they'd feel a heck of a lot lighter than the SOD's from the yard.

So I have pleaded my case and with that, I'm off to celebrate and spread some holiday cheer.

Merry Christmas All and please remember those away from home this Christmas and New Years.

Stump

This will be my last post on this thread, Most importantly to bring it back up top and keep the pressure on, and second to BEG/PLEAD/GROVEL for a thicker option... I have a particular stump in the forest that I harvest fatwood from and although I can use my .25" B10, my DOGFATHER at .275 is WAAAAY better/comforting at prying the strips off the tall stump. That's the niche it will fill. THE ultimate indestructible mid length basic woods combat survival camp knife.

As to the weight concerns, my full height grind B10's at .25 are Super light as if they were infused with helium, so I think cutting 2 inches off the length and adding it to the thickness would allow it to balance very similar to the B10 while giving a fuller grip to the handle. I guarantee they'd feel a heck of a lot lighter than the SOD's from the yard.

So I have pleaded my case and with that, I'm off to celebrate and spread some holiday cheer.

Merry Christmas All and please remember those away from home this Christmas and New Years.

Stump

Who knows. With the B8 possibly the last offering of the Basic line, at least under 12" blade length, it would be fun to see Jerry offer some unique thickness and swedge options. I like the idea of that blade length paired with the Res-C handle so much that I'd likely be game for at least one of each variation, and at least two each of those that are most appealing to me.

Oh and BTW, rest assured this will NOT be MY last post to this thread. :D :D :D

Basic 4 - check.
Basic 6 - check.
Basic 8 - ??????????????
Basic 10 - check.

Something is missing.......

Here's dericdesmond's photo (IIRC) showing all four "even" numbered Basic prototypes at the Blade 2011 debut. Basic 8 is the left-center knife, between the Basic 10 and Basic 6:

attachment.php

IS THIS KNIFE DA BOMB OR WHAT?

Above is the choiled version. You can see my photoshop attempt to approximate a choilless version in Post 23.

Attachments

• enlargement.jpg
    enlargement.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 10,421
Back