1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

The Busse Combat Heavy Ordnance Grade Basic 8

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Will York, Dec 17, 2013.

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2017.
  1. Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  1. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    AWESOME!!!!!!!
    I was really hoping he wasn't going to miss out on the HOGB8!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for making contact with our favorite Viking Will!!!

2. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Yeah, HOGB8 brothers have to watch out for each other. It’s the Code, ya know.:cool:

Rob_Mob and Stump Buster like this.
  3. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Aaaaaaaaaaaargh, Jerry's LAST CALL for the CG's sucked me in!!!

Had to order just one more (this one with a standard blade profile) before I missed out.

Just like the commercial..... NO REGERTS!!!

4. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    Congrats Stumpy!!!

must be strong...must be strong...must be strong

5. Stump Buster

Nov 15, 2007
    Thanks Will!!!!

Annnnnd...

It's still ALL YOUR fault.:D

6. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    I take no responsibility. How can it be MY fault when, obviously, no forethought was given by management to providing adult supervision for the inmates of this asylum?

7. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    And on That Note^^^^One asylum inmate BUMP to keep Stump Busters HOG B8 dream Alive:D

8. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Can't decide on options. :confused: Might just order all three blade profiles in all three finish options and figure it out later... o_O Yeah, that's 9 knives! :eek:

9. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Thought I could pass on this offer ... then Will posted his long disquisition, and it sucked me back in. That and the good looks of the Long Clip. Loves me a long, straight .......

In for a CG. No regrets. Just gotta sell some stuff. Decisions, decisions....

10. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah, if I really had to pick one, sight unseen, it would be a satin Warfeather. :cool: Makes the pants tight! :eek: :D

11. Stump Buster

Nov 15, 2007
    The
    Heavy Ordnance Grade Basic 8 (aka: HOGB8)...

THIS

IS

BUSSE

COMBAT!!!

:D

12. ragnerok

ragnerok Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Hello to all of you New and old Basic HOGS!!! The release og the HOGB8 is AMAZING NEWS!!! Well done everyone!!! This one gonna be EPIC!!!

Got this email this morning at 04:56 AM local time:

Your Order Contains...
    Cart Items Qty Item Price Item Total
    HOGB8 Combat Grade Coated INFI
    (Blade Profile Options: Standard, Blade Tip Option: Penetrator Tip: + $15, Blade Color Options: Black)
    1 $342.00 USD $342.00 USD
    PLEASE NOTE: Your card has been charged for $1.00 to validate the card. The balance of your purchase will be charged to the same card 7-14 days prior to shipment. The above order confirmation displays items purchased only, and does not display the grand total with shipping costs. To view your order details, please login here.

Busse Combat Knife Company ships via UPS and USPS. A signature is required by the recipient of the package. Shipping charges calculated according to the following schedule.

Domestic Shipping:

• First Knife - $14.95
    • Each Additional Knife - $4.00
    International Shipping:

• Actual Cost + $5.00 handling fee

BUSSE COMBAT KNIFE CO.
    http://www.bussecombat.com/

BUSSE KNIFE GROUP
    ATTN: BUSSE COMBAT
    11651 COUNTY ROAD 12
    WAUSEON, OH 43567
    PH: (419) 923-6471
    FAX: (419) 923-2337
    Launch your own store for free with Big Commerce.

War Feather prototype:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stump Buster and Rob_Mob like this.
  13. ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    Hello everyone!

I`m here! Thanks bunch for the care to all of you, both to those in this thread and to everyone else! Should say hello from the Combat Cat too, he alive and kickin`- thoug right now he is asleep problaly dreaming of killing squills or something else good (maybe the HOGB8)

Had to wake up at 04:30 local time this morning not missing out on the HOGB8 CG.

You Hogs ROCK thats for sure!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Stump Buster likes this.
  14. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
  15. CataD

CataD Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    @Jerry Busse Tricky one, haha. Could it be your own post #124, adding Stumpy as a winner, making it 4 winners!
    At post #133, Stumpy quoted you and it shows only 3 winners; I guess you could've changed that one instead...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  16. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Man oh man. Don't know. I'll take a guess and say uga shooter. "Let the bourbon decide".

Or your post with the amount of winners. ?

17. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Winner #4
    Since Stump Buster has been heavily credited with "keeping the dream alive". . . He too has scored a $100.00 shop credit!!!!

Congrats Stumpy!!!

I'm drinking!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

Post # 124 edited to Add Stump Buster...Good Call Bossman:thumbsup::cool: the edit to Stump's post #133....3 Winners Comment.

ragnerok likes this.
  18. ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. Busto

Jul 26, 2011
    Ragnerok....Good to see you back in the HOG Basic 8 Thread:) I see you got your order placed for A Heavy Hitter:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ragnerok likes this.
  20. ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    Thanks buddy. Agree, this will be very Heavy hitting...:thumbsup: